X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopter and Multi-Rotors - Your Top Picks

Rotary Wing flyers (or those interested in Rotary Wing Aircraft), please give us your thoughts and opinions on which brands, models, accessories Motion RC should offer.

Mark

I would love to see you guys offer the Align or Tarot helis. The Aligns are still some of the most popular helis and I think you would sell more of those the bigger blade helis you currently sell. Scale accessories like the Heliartist fuselages, multi blade rotor heads, and scale blades would also be great to see. I would also take a look at carrying the iKon FBL controller, it is one of the best on the market. As one last request, the 470 sized Roban Super Scale helis would be great to see as well!

Comment

iKon? Hmm, I'll need to read up on that one. I've been in fixed wing for so long that FBLs have since taken over the heli world!

I like scale helis as well, although they're so rare. An occasional pilot at my field sometimes brings his 500 sized Cobra, fully armed. Quite a menacing sight.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

True, there aren't many scale helis out there, but it would be great to have somewhere else to go for parts. Currently, RC aerodyne is pretty much the only place to order stuff for scale helis and are frequently out of stock or don't carry spares. And, the recent FBL developments have made it fairly easy to add multi blade heads to helis, so it's getting easier to build a good scale heli. The Roban super scale ones even have a full interior! The Cobra sounds really cool, that is one on my list. The pride and joy of my helis is my 500 AH-6 Little Bird, which is currently ground because of a lack of available spare parts.

Comment

I can agree on what the guys said about the helicopters. As far as multirotors I think you already offer DJI correct? And Blade? I see Yuneec and Dromida as well. One thing that is missing in the lineup except for one Blade offering is the current craze of 250 sized racing/proximity FPV flying quads. This area is really blowing up. Most of the people like to build them as they are pretty easy to construct physically and along those lines I would look at a supplier named EMax. It is decent quality but inexpensive for those on a budget. I don't know what their current distributor setups are. There is a place in NC that looks to be a distributor but I don't know if they are exclusive. The website in NC, 2dogrc.com, does have a mention on the home page that they are looking for dealers. The flight control boards are CC3D and Naze primarily and the firmware is open sourced for the most part (LibrePilot, CleanFlight, BaseFlight, and BetaFlight). Just a thought :)
          Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
            True, there aren't many scale helis out there, but it would be great to have somewhere else to go for parts. Currently, RC aerodyne is pretty much the only place to order stuff for scale helis and are frequently out of stock or don't carry spares. And, the recent FBL developments have made it fairly easy to add multi blade heads to helis, so it's getting easier to build a good scale heli. The Roban super scale ones even have a full interior! The Cobra sounds really cool, that is one on my list. The pride and joy of my helis is my 500 AH-6 Little Bird, which is currently ground because of a lack of available spare parts.
            RC Aerodyne gets it scale helicopters (Parts) from Roban. Century Scale helicopters are for the most part also done by Roban. RC Aerodyne is a hobby of the owner who 1st sales tools. They never stock any parts( Or Little) and most times you can't get the scale helicopter you want as well(Sold Out). High End stuff like Vario is really cool but it is high end. I would love to see Motion RC offering Roban scale or even Vario. along with said parts needed for scale pilots.

John

P.S. I've had to call Roban in China before to get parts and service I could not get from RC Aerodyne.

Comment

Also look into the Bavarian Demon, this system is just outstanding.

Comment

The problem is the fuselage I need parts for is by heliartist, not Roban. I contacted heliartist, but they were no help.

Comment

Most of the Heliartish stuff is made by Roban,

John

Comment

Originally posted by JFandL View Post
                    Most of the Heliartish stuff is made by Roban,

John
                    Sure enough, found it on their site. Thanks for the info! I will be sending them an email.

Comment

feel free to send me a line or two when it comes to scale , well I've been doing it along time. Glad it helped!! Check with RC aerodyne as well,

John

Comment

Working...
                      X