Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prize gift(s)...

...that are not RC related.

So.. as much as I love RC, it's not my only bank account depleting hobby. Plinking down range is probably right there at the top of my list. When I was a young'n (12y/o), my Pop's Marlin 30-30 was the first rifle I ever shot. There's been many other's through the years, including the M16 I carried during my service. The cowboy in me just never lost that love of the lever action rifle. For a while I thought about getting my own 30-30, but the days of growing up in the mountains and deer hunting for dinner are just not there no more. In today's time it's more about Home Defense and just plinking down range with my son.
    I have been eyeballing, and researching, Henry's Big Boy X series for a while now. I tend to research the crap out of anything that peeks my interest! Then I woke, this Christmas morning, to find this beautiful .45 Colt (not the 45-70) under the tree! It's most definitely my prize gift this season. Like with our RC planes, I can't wait to get it setup to stand apart from others like it. Scope, Red/Green dot sight, Green laser, Flash light (thinking green led here as well), even a bipod for those lazy prone days. Already have a muzzle brake and picatinny scope rail on the way. Hank did come with some sweet fiber optic sights, but they'll go away once I get it all setup.

Hope everyone is having a very Merry one with your families!
    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

..and the tweaking begins! Received my top picatinny rail and got it mounted. Scope should be here Saturday.
    The muzzle brake arrives today. Headed to the range on Sunday. Plan to run a few rounds before installing the brake.
    I just want to feel the diff once installed. It's supposed to take out at least 25% of the recoil.
    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Started off my year with a bang! I got the muzzle brake installed. Tried out a scope setup that my buddy had on hand. It was nice, but I'm going for a more tactical look. Shot both 265gr and 255gr down range. Both are fine for range rounds, but I'll stick with the 255. Still have a ways to go to get the setup I'm looking for. Otherwise, the Henry did not leave me disappointed... very nice rifle.
      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

OK, last one ya'll. I just figured with all the military peeps in here that I wasn't the only one that enjoys time on the range. Guess it's just the 11 Bravo implanted in me. I've finally got the Henry setup and sighted on the scope, red dot, and laser. I mounted the laser on the grip/bipod for now. I think once I find the right flashlight, I'll mount them both on the sides of the scope. This will do for now though.
        Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Working...
        X