X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLTRI View Post
    Just an Airaid cold air box, so I can hear the supercharger whine. I may do pulleys and a tune one day, but it's so ridiculously fast now, more mods are a ways down on my priority list. There's a pretty good CTS-V subform here http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...cts-v-general/ Poke around for performance, appearance, etc. sub-sub forums. I have the same screen name there, as here...

Nice wheels on yours, 20's? Mods???
    Those are 18"..Airaid, pulley, tune and a V2V Splitter...mine was a V-lab car...it had 2,800 miles on it when I got it. We do a Route 66 trip every year and have taken it three time, we really stretched it's legs out in NM and AZ ;)
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

And as a add on to Aros original post, list of cars I should have never sold.
      1. 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner. My Dad brought home a motor and transmission out of a wrecked police car. 440 Police Interceptor motor, with a 727 Torqueflight heavy duty tranny. We spent 6 months in the garage rebuilding them. Dad provided instruction and parts, I was labor. When it was done, Dad found the Roadrunner with no motor. I had to come up with $300 for it, which I did. Drove that car all through high school, and beyond. Lost my virginity in it. Sold it for $1000 to a buddy, who let it rot in a field...
      2. 1972 Corvette Coupe. It had every available option for the 1972 model year. I won several car shows with it, and took a bunch of 2nd and 3rd place trophys to trailer queens. Met my wife in it, she had a 73. After 20 years, I got an offer I couldn't refuse. Now, it's worth double of what that offer was...
      3. 1991 ZR-1 Corvette (we used the hyphen, back in the day) Gawd, what a beast of a car! Wife and I raced in SSCC and La Carrera in Mexico numerous times. Sold it to a friend, who promptly put a softball sized rock through the unreplaceable windshield, and just generally didn't take care of it...
      4. Not a car, but a 2001 Dyna FXDX I bought at salvage, and restored. Wasn't riding it much, so I sold it at a fair profit. Then "Sons of Anarchy" came out, and they became all the rage. Should have waited a year to sell it, and I could have gotten double the price...
      I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
      ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Those are 18"..Airaid, pulley, tune and a V2V Splitter...mine was a V-lab car...it had 2,800 miles on it when I got it. We do a Route 66 trip every year and have taken it three time, we really stretched it's legs out in NM and AZ ;)
        Nice, ought to be a beast with those mods. It sounds like you are pretty familiar with the Desert Southwest. Next time you are out this way, give me a call. We can do a V Run, maybe to an RC field. Or, I can give you a tour outside of Las Vegas, that most visitors don't ever see...
        I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
        ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

Originally posted by FLTRI View Post

Nice, ought to be a beast with those mods. It sounds like you are pretty familiar with the Desert Southwest. Next time you are out this way, give me a call. We can do a V Run, maybe to an RC field. Or, I can give you a tour outside of Las Vegas, that most visitors don't ever see...
          Will do, we go to the Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekender a lot just not this year.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
          X