X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Motion RC use Fed Ex

Why oh why do Motion RC continue to use Fed Ex. It is getting to a point now every time I order from Motion RC Europe. Fed Ex cock it up. Fed Ex are arrogant and rude to deal with. I have never had a parcel arrive on time. Some times I have waited in on several days only to waist my time because nothing has turned up
    Come on Motion RC your customerservice is one of the best out there, you courier service is the worst. Ditch Fed Ex and get a courier that can deliver a parcel on time
    ​​

It's my opinion and conjecture that they use whoever gives them the best shipping deal. They used to use UPS for many years before they started with FedEx. As far as I'm concerned (cross border shipping), neither one is exceptional. They both can get the job done and they both can do it badly, depending on where the destination is. Both will assess horrendous brokerage fees and collect the accompanying taxes. On the most part, UPS have given me good service and bad service. Same goes for FedEx for me.
    They may be the worst for you but they may also be quite adequate for others. All complaints will be taken into consideration when the current contract runs out. They may pick up UPS again and then a whole new crop of complaints from other customers will begin. I just wish they would use USPS for most of their cross border shipments but then, box size becomes an issue. And yes, Motion used to use USPS for some of their shipping to me and that was the very best experience I've ever had when buying something from Motion.

Comment

• OV10
      OV10 commented
      Editing a comment
      HEAR HEAR on USPS. They are the best for my North Central to North East shipping corridor. As a matter of interest, can't tell ya how many times that both OOPS and FWrecks have dumped off their stuff to USPS for the final 50 mile trek.

Not getting much joy here. Parcel still stuck in Charles De Gualle airport. It has been there for 7 days now and no sign of progress. Contacted both Motion RC and Fed Ex. Got the same reply from both of them "There is nothing we can do. You will just have to wait for it" But no one can say when this parcel will free its self from the airport. Basicly they have my money so are not bothered. So it is left to me to sort out. What a way to treat a customer
    Think it might be time to contact Pay Pal if they are not bothered when this parcel is released
    ​​​​
    ​​​​

Comment

This is a logistical issue in today's transportation world, handicapped by the semi-post pandemic nightmare. This is NOT a FedEx problem or a MotionRC problem. It's just the way the world works these days. What would you have FedEx or Motion do? Your box is likely in amongst millions of other boxes of assorted sizes stuck in a holding pattern waiting to get scanned so it can move. How would you go about finding one single box?

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerman View Post
        Not getting much joy here. Parcel still stuck in Charles De Gualle airport. It has been there for 7 days now and no sign of progress. Contacted both Motion RC and Fed Ex. Got the same reply from both of them "There is nothing we can do. You will just have to wait for it" But no one can say when this parcel will free its self from the airport. Basicly they have my money so are not bothered. So it is left to me to sort out. What a way to treat a customer
        Think it might be time to contact Pay Pal if they are not bothered when this parcel is released
        ​​​​
        ​​​​
        I don't understand the logical sense for someone to call the Merchant (Motion in this case) about something that has left their facility. It's out of their hands and the responsibility of Fedex

Motion has zero..ZERO ability to get your parcel out. It's probably stuck in their form of custom's. Blame your gov't customs agency for not being quick enough for your toy. Remember your gov't is here to help you.
        Planes
        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

I agree with you but the contract to delver the parcel was between Motion RC and Fe Ex, not me so it is Motion RC are responsable for the delivery. It has nothing to do with our Govement that Fed Ex have this parcel stuck in Charles De Gaulle Airport. If anything it is those in charge at Charles De Gaulle Airport. In fairness both Motion RC and FedEx can not do a lot if it is stuck with a back log of parcels at an airport

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerman View Post
            I agree with you but the contract to delver the parcel was between Motion RC and Fe Ex, not me so it is Motion RC are responsable for the delivery. It has nothing to do with our Govement that Fed Ex have this parcel stuck in Charles De Gaulle Airport. If anything it is those in charge at Charles De Gaulle Airport. In fairness both Motion RC and FedEx can not do a lot if it is stuck with a back log of parcels at an airport
            The contract will say something along the lines of "we send out x packagers per year with price of A,B,C (depending on conditions for weight and size)". But you also selected the option to use Fedex? You bought a product form Motion who are in the business of selling toys. Motion is not in the SHIPPING business, Fedex is.

I don't know where the EU motion warehouse is but anything coming in to another country gets a sniff test/ screened/ randomly selected to be examined. The Gov't does that.
            Planes
            -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
            -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Unfortunately, shipping is pretty much a duopoly. Our choice is FedEx or UPS. There are other limited players such as DHL and USPS (US postal service). The other players have package size restrictions. We used UPS years ago and were very happy with them until a new territory manager moved into our area and everything went down hill, way down hill. Service went to zero. At that point FedEx gave us a better deal and we've used FedEx ever since. FedEx service has always been very good, though our account rep did recently change. Hopefully their responsiveness and service will continue to be good. When we switched from UPS to FedEx, we received emails and calls from customers cursing the switch and we received an equal amount loving the switch. If we switched from FedEx to UPS, it would likely be the same. No matter who we use, someone will love them and someone will not. Both UPS and FedEx provide volume discounts so it does not make economic sense to use both. Using both would limit our volume discounts which would ultimately increase the price to all of you. FedEx in the EU did recently fold the TNT network (another EU shipper they purchased a couple of years back) into the FedEx network which caused some delays. Our EU FedEx rep insists the worst of that integration is nearly past and they are coming out the other side.

Comment

to aggravate their customers LOL

I would love to show you guys why FedEX sucks bad. I have screenshots where they said my package can't be delivered due to bad weather. it was 60 degrees and sunny that day. it's as if they think people have 2 min memories and no camera's on their house.

last week, they did the same thing. it snowed 2 days prior. they delayed the delivery by 2 days. there was no road with snow on it after it snowed 2 inches.

a few years ago, they told me my package is undeliverable because my address doesn't exist in the zip code I provided. I had to call them up. they admitted they use google maps to determine which delivery truck your stuff gets put into at the terminals. the guy said google shows my zip code can't be what I provided. and it would change it to the next town over about 3 miles away and fedex would put it on the wrong truck. so they literally go by Goober maps not by the postal address assigned by the postal service. he had to literally call the terminal, tell them that my package is to be put on the other truck and ignore their system. it took them like 5 working days to resolve this issue. all due to the idiots working at google maps. then the stupid driver returned the package to the terminal and said that he couldn't find my address in his GPS.
                they don't even try to find your address without a gps anymore. so when it's wrong, which they are a lot because I also use them for work, the driver just skips you and moves on without even trying.

I've also sat on the phone with someone sitting in my garage with the door open waiting on a package they said was coming. then it was literally marked as no one home to sign for package as I was on the phone with them, in the driveway. LOL the drivers lie and make up BS all the time. Fedex is by far I mean by 90% worse than UPS and USPS. it's also amazing how much better than those 3 amazon is at delivery.

Comment

I had nearly the same things happen to my big shipment ($2,000+) where first they were going to deliver on a Sunday, I would be home as I work so great as the information stated Signature required and the apartment building, I live in will NOT sign for ANY packages! While standing at the front of the building (In the driveway, Been there for over 30 minutes!) I received a text that the packages were undeliverable as NO ONE HOME! Called FedEx (A TOTAL EXERCIZE IN FUTILITY!) and got the run around and no real answers. I got the front receptionist at apartment building to call me next day when FedEx arrived and i had to leave work and BLAZE home just to find no one signed and driver just dropped packages and left! (Got it on my door camera!) IF IT became undeliverable i was going to cancel the order and just get the products another way/location.
                  Ease of ordering and having the products is great, but if you can't get them in a normal and as promised shipment then it's just something to make your blood boil (at 68 I DON'T need that!) I used to direct import from China 10 years ago and reached out to my old contacts and found only a little has changed and can resume if i wish but will have to think hard as all orders are in multiples can sometimes take up to 4-6 weeks to get in country alone. believe me NONE of the manufactures will refuse orders (They process and ship under a sub/different name) so to protect their regular customers.

Comment

I ordered parts from MRC on Monday evening. The package arrived FedEx this morning (Wednesday).

Comment

Now I understand why the Little Brown Truck drives by my house and I can see the driver crying!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                      X