X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation Addiction

Hello, my name is George and I'm an Aviation Addict...

I need help, all I want to do anymore is build and fly Warbirds.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

We have the perfect answer for you George. Please visit Motion RC and we have something for every aviation addict.

Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.MotionRC View Post
      We have the perfect answer for you George. Please visit Motion RC and we have something for every aviation addict.

Martin.
      Hey! I just realized you guys are our drug supplier! Hahaha!
      Lauren

Comment

An aviation addiction is perfectly fine. I got back into R/C last June, I'm up to 12 planes now. It's a sickness!

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
          An aviation addiction is perfectly fine. I got back into R/C last June, I'm up to 12 planes now. It's a sickness!
          LOL!!! I found someone worse that me... ;) Were you out of it for a long time? I was and was astounded by the advancements in the electronics. It was like "when did this all happen?? No 72mhz? What's this 2.4ghz? You mean no more frequency pins? Stabilizers? Gyros? Autopilots? No more nitro or greasy planes? Foam??? Be serious! Those are for 5 year olds and don't fly well!"... LOL! It was a real eye opener.... ;)
          Lauren

Comment

I was. I started with control line in the mid 70's as a kid, then onto R/C in the late 70's / early 80's then to full scale in mid 80's (I currently own a Cessna 182).

I got the model itch last winter so I rejoined AMA with my old number from the 70's and the local club. Last June I still had not bought anything so for my birthday I bought a Corsair from Horizon Hobby and have been in love with the hobby ever since. The FlightlineRC P-38 is my current favorite prop plane, my F-87 is my favorite EDF.

I'm all about electrics now, I have zero desire for nitro or gas. Electrics are so easy and no mess to clean up. You're right, a lot has changed sine the 80's!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.MotionRC View Post

Martin.

Martin, look at my account ;)
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                January of this year for me...14 here. I have pretty much the same history, was out of it for 32 years.
                TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I'm sure I'm a junkie before I get to know how my new plane flys I'm already thinking about what I want next. Sometimes even before I get it built. And yes MRC is my supplier and a good one I might add.

Comment

23 planes in my hanger. I have set a new personal best by not buying a plane for a month and a half. Its a struggle every day not to pull the trigger on the Hell Cat or the P38 or the FW190 ... So many planes... Not sure I can hold out much longer :D

Jeff

Comment

Hey Crunch.........that is same quantity in my hangar also in just a short 3 years of being back into the hobby after a 40 hiatus(somehow Harleys took over me in the younger years). My sweetie keeps saying "don't you have enough?". Does yours ask the same?
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

As far as addictions go, my wife is good with it. She thinks it's a lot better than women and drinking. I've had 69 planes and 18 helicopters. After crashing or giving away or selling a bunch off, I still have 37 planes and about a dozen helis. My only problem is I need a bigger house or get rid a few more planes.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                          Hey Crunch.........that is same quantity in my hangar also in just a short 3 years of being back into the hobby after a 40 hiatus(somehow Harleys took over me in the younger years). My sweetie keeps saying "don't you have enough?". Does yours ask the same?
                          I hear ya on the Harley deal. I have put a lot of miles on 2 wheels. Dont ride it near as much anymore. As far as my "sweetie" goes, she took off on the kids and me a few years ago. So I can buy as many planes as I want :D

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post

I hear ya on the Harley deal. I have put a lot of miles on 2 wheels. Dont ride it near as much anymore. As far as my "sweetie" goes, she took off on the kids and me a few years ago. So I can buy as many planes as I want :D

Jeff
                            I'm sorry to hear that happened!
                            Lauren

Comment

Dont be sorry, its all good

Jeff

Comment

My wife says it could be worse... I could be a woman chasing drunk! Doc

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
                                  My wife says it could be worse... I could be a woman chasing drunk! Doc
                                  I resemble that remark...
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Yeah, I guess a woman chasing, airplane flying drunk might be worse!:D Doc

Comment

Aviation Addiction,

Yep says it all!!!

Count me in since 1974!!!!

John

Comment

I've also been addicted to aviation pretty much as long as I can remember. I grew up watching documentarys about Lindbergh, the Wright Brothers, Yeager, and the Apollo missions. I collected and modified more 1/18 Warbirds than I want to think about, and drew/painted airplanes for a while. Ended up getting my pilots license in helicopters and going to college for Aerospace Engineering. Now I just got a job were I work on helos every day, and fly models on the weekend. Currently at 18 airplanes and 5 helis.

Comment

Working...
                                        X