X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion RC Videos

We'd like to get your quick feedback on our product videos. Specifically, we'd like your input on the videos that we produce for our RocHobby, Freewing and FMS brands.

Here is the type of input we would like to collect:
    1. what do you like
    2. what don't you like
    3. what would you like to see more of
    etc etc.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Mark

Re: Motion RC Videos

I like your videos as they really give a much better representation of the product then a static picture.
    I like they way Pete, formerly of BH, did his videos. Starting with a description of the history of that aircraft with the close up views of the plane, cockpit/battery area and viewing retracts, nav lights and flaps being deployed etc.. Also battery recommendations and esc size and anything that is unique to the plane such as air breaks, bomb drops and CG placement. Difficulty of assembly and pilot' desired skill ability would be nice additional comments. After flight review describe any adjustments that might be needed or modifications that might help and overall flight impressions of course.

Comment

I don't like to hear only how great the plane is, unless there truly are no faults.( If it doesn't do well on grass T&L's for instance.) I want a truly honest video review of the plane. So far I have no complaints with your videos, however. Thanks, The Doctor

Comment

I would be upfront with difficulties encountered and corrections made.

Comment

How to install flaps on the Mosquito. The video so far is very well done! Thanks.

Comment

Hi Mark,

I really enjoy the MRC reviews and often base purchase decisions on your recommendations, especially if the decision comes down to a model with a video, and one without a video. The things I would like to see included are:
            -A bit more of a summary on the build, CG locations, any issues with the build or ESC programming that might need to be done.
            -Please include any crashes or bad landings and your analysis of the cause, especially if the model is prone to snap stalls.
            -A description of who you think would be able to handle the model, or who it is intended for, such as beginner, intermediate, or advanced.
            -If you have seen any of the Around Tuit reviews, Eric does a nice job on many of these suggestions. (http://www.aroundtuitrc.com/RC%20reviews%20latest.html)

Comment

BUILD videos - tips in general, issues and explanations for specific models, especially where the manuals are less than optimal...

Comment

I like the Ryan/Mike videos much more than anything else out there. Get tired of overproduced "canned" junk where you have too much over dramatic background music or the pilots narrate the vid after flight or the video is edited and cut and you miss parts of the actual flight.

The way it's done with the RC Training Command guys is homegrown and honest. This is the plane, here's what to look for in features, and this is a couple of guys actually flying it and you get to hear their impressions as it flies. Telling people the truth and giving tips on how to improve your plane is a GREAT idea.

A lot of vendors try to pretend their plane is perfect right out of the box. Wrong answer. Do that once and everything you try to gain in your flight reviews from then on goes in one ear, out the other.

You got a winning combination with these guys. I'm a huge Horizon Hobby fan and FMS is getting my attention now more than ever.

Comment

Greetings Gang,

First off, for me this is a NO-Brainer!!
                  And the award for best internet video presentations and reviews of RC Planes goes to......
                  "PILOT RYAN and CAPTAIN MIKE!!!!!!" ......... and the crowd goes crazy!!!!!!

On the plus side the videos are very informative and various flight characteristics are well represented.
                  That's a like.

On the down side, and I do realized that the video presentations are - in the end marketing tools - but, don't be afraid to show the bad with the good. If we like it we'll still buy it. I like the honesty envolked when people leave the camera running they're showing that a certain plane has a crappy maiden or will flip over on take off and/or landing under certain conditions. Again, you need to sell planes but, everyone knows you don't turn on the camers until all the kinks are smoothed out.
                  That's the bad.

What I would like to see more of (and this has already been mentioned) are How To's, build ups and CG Balancings on the bigger planes or at the least indicate where the "REAL" CG balance points are on specific planes being built. SOOO many times people will post awesome build videos and then they ALWAYS stop or jump to a flight video ignoring/eliminating everything in between. At a minimum show what trim adjustments were required during the maiden etc.

The bottom line is that nobody is perfect and there is always room for improvement however, but in the end if Motion RC has what I need, be it a new plane or a new part, I won't buy from anyone else.

I'm a BIG fan!!!!

Comment

What you guys do great . I do like a little bit of history , as long as you don't hire Pete to do it ! The videos online that RC INFORMER has done are a great way to see whats going on with the builds and demos . Fantastic tips to add in every aspect of the build .
                    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Hello... would like to see a review and flying of your FMS edge 540 3d by your pilots at MotionRC...I like your videos would like to see more of builds that really help out a lot when making a decision on if this is the right rc plane to buy and how it's constructed and materials used...thanks...ticktalk77

Comment

I first have to thank Captain Mike and Pilot Ryan for their very instructive videos in the RC community and great reviews for the latest products @ MotionRC . As humorous they can get, they are real and won't let no leakage with the cons in their reviews too !!! They will get to the point and bring a solution to the problem. Also , and what I'm impressed the most is that any video that they produce with a product review , advises , solutions , level of flyer according the plane, they always encourage the viewer regardless of their level , NEVER intimidates them !!! And that alone that is amazing !

Keep them coming !!!!

RR4

Comment

I love the pilot Ryan and Captain Mike videos from the secret undisclosed Motion RC proving grounds. As someone mentioned above, they are much better than the canned corporate videos we normally get. The only thing I can recommend would be to motitor the forums for technical or set-up questions and produce short how-to videos.
                          Keep up the great work guys!

Comment

Mark,

Probably not the reply you are after here but....I recently watched a couple of videos you did for Tatic radio and what I really liked was your ring...lol Looks like a Black Lion of Cantigny (might be wrong but sure looks like it). I was in that outfit many years ago when it was stationed State side and that ring sure caught my eye.

Don

Comment

As these planes do take some assembly it is important to let your clients know if you did not follow the directions/manual, that is if you did something different that what is called for. Check to make sure the manual is correct.

The most important aspect to me is that the centre of gravity is checked and that it is correct, nothing is more frustrating than following directions and finding out that they are wrong -

i.e. The FMS 800mm A1 for example, the C of G was wrong in the manual, not sure if that was because of the release of version 2 but being wrong I am sure resulted in a lot of un-necessary crashes during the maiden flights, I has a few before finding out there was an error.

Also, battery size and placement can make a big difference in the Cof G, tell the reader if anything is not according to directgions

Comment

Your are right when it comes to the cg of a plane. The manual will state a distance that in reality does not work and you find that out the hard way. If you are lucky enough to have other's posted reviews before trying your maiden flight those other pilots might note a more realistic cg distance that works better than the manual. As a routine matter, If available anywhere online, I will read the plane reviews before any maiden flight and they usually help me.

Comment

Greetings Gang,

There are many videos out there offering flights of particular aircraft (that we may have a specific interest in) set to (sometimes annoying and unnecessary background music) and that's ok. Many of these are corporately generated "sales" videos that show a perfectly balanced aircraft gracefully and/or agressively zipping easily through the sky. You know that these videos are mostly third and fourth takes 'after' the CG and trim requirements have been worked out!

You dig a little deeper and find that there's an "unboxing" and at times even a "build-up" video of the plane. But, almost NEVER (save for Jeff at Nitroplanes with some of the 800mm warbirds) has anyone taken the video through the process of acquiring the correct CG, be it in accordance with the manufacturer's specs or otherwise. Nine times out of ten the video(s) always go from the final step in the build right to the airfield with an occassional, "you might need to push the battery a little forward or a little back". Although true, well known and not very helpful.

Anyway, to make a short story less longer......

I agree, and believe that if folks (including MRC) are going to take the time to make a product video about a specific airplane, the entire process good/bad, correct or incorrect, how the "right" CG was acquired, etc., should be included.

Sometimes I think that, from a marketing stand point, if too many deviations from the manufacturer's specs are required for the successful build-up of a plane, vendors will think that confidence in them and their products is lost. The opposite is true. With knowledge (especially product knowledge) comes confidence and understanding leading typically, to a sale.

So, come on guy's don't be paranoid, gives us the whole scoop!!!

Clear Skies,

Bill L.
                                  in Okla.

Comment

Slightly OT but in the same vein, someone there is building the planes you'll be taping, right? Heck, you guys get to see 'em before we ever do....and surely too early for those here to offer assistance to other customers.

Start a section here where you can cover issues discovered during the builds, how you resolved them, those referred to the factory, &c &c. I'd suggest the name "Troubleshooting Bench" or somesuch.
                                    ~S*H

Comment

RE: Motion RC Videos

As I mentioned months ago, on the Homepage, under support there is a section called Video Tutorials.  It would be great to see the videos that are 'coming soon' actually come!
                                      Mike and Ryan do a great job and have been very helpful when asked questions, thanks to them!  Also, on a reality note, the best video presentation on an aircraft, to my mind, is the FW190 where Ryan has a few 'rough ' landings that show the reality of the plane's landing characteristics and what he did to correct them.  It also stresses the toughness of the aircraft, takes a lickin' and keeps on flyin'  I just got a DX8 and found the video attached to it's page kind of useless because most of it is on the telemetry module, that doesn't come with it, at least mine didn't and MRC says its an extra.  I learned a lot about the DX6i through various videos on you tube so back to that, but again, it was Captain Mike on an Air training Command video that taught me the mysteries of Dual rates and DR Combo (Where's the DR Combo on a DX8?)
                                        So, thanks for the videos so far, I guess, by the sounds of things, we are all hungry for more.  Great way to learn and pass a snowy winter

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

RE: Motion RC Videos

Originally posted by Grossman56
                                        As I mentioned months ago, on the Homepage, under support there is a section called Video Tutorials.  It would be great to see the videos that are 'coming soon' actually come!
                                        Mike and Ryan do a great job and have been very helpful when asked questions, thanks to them!  Also, on a reality note, the best video presentation on an aircraft, to my mind, is the FW190 where Ryan has a few 'rough ' landings that show the reality of the plane's landing characteristics and what he did to correct them.  It also stresses the toughness of the aircraft, takes a lickin' and keeps on flyin'  I just got a DX8 and found the video attached to it's page kind of useless because most of it is on the telemetry module, that doesn't come with it, at least mine didn't and MRC says its an extra.  I learned a lot about the DX6i through various videos on you tube so back to that, but again, it was Captain Mike on an Air training Command video that taught me the mysteries of Dual rates and DR Combo (Where's the DR Combo on a DX8?)
                                          So, thanks for the videos so far, I guess, by the sounds of things, we are all hungry for more.  Great way to learn and pass a snowy winter

Grossman56
                                        Hey G56-Just wanted to let you know that the DX8 doesn't have the DR combo. You simply go down on the menu to where the switch is highlighted, and click on the roller, then you can scroll through the switches and assign the one you want to use. I like to combine all three controls, aileron, elevator, and rudder dual rates all on the aileron switch, and then I can just adjust throws as I prefer for both low and high rates. Hope this helps!

Loneflier

Comment

Working...
                                        X