X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inverted landing

Not R/C related but I thought someone might enjoy this.

I've not seen anyone do this with an R/C plane, other than it would be neat it's probably not real useful. :)

Craig Hosking lands and takes off inverted in his dual-landing-gear Pitts, "Double Take", at the Sussex (NJ) Airshow in 1987.You'll see Craig's name in the c...

That's pretty wild, not only does he land but takes off as well, check this out if you haven't already. Great post dkalwishky!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

Ha, small world, Dkalwishsky! I had an FMS 1400mm Pitts three years ago and you'd be surprised how easy it is to land inverted. You could do it no problem, Grossman! Flying upright with a second set of gear above your head though really muddies the aircraft's overall handling and roll rate, though.

It's this maneuver with the full size aircraft that's truly impressive. That cannot be easy for the pilot, in any sense of the word. It teeters on impossible, let alone dangerous. But still, great to watch!
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I did it just a few days ago with my FW F15 ...not on purpose though ,and ripped the tails off . was doing touch and gos, and screwed up during a touch down. flipped it right over. amazing how the tails are almost the price of the wings.
        www.TSHobbies.com
        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Ugh, cahones of steel right there, let alone massive skill.

Comment

So awesome!

Comment

Working...
            X