X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Charlie Brown!! OV10 in Fly R/C

So, I get my new copy of Fly R/C, open it up to page 29 and lo and behold, there's my buddy Charlie Brown, aka Warbird Charlie, aka OV10!!

Too Cool Charlie, great to see you getting the recognition you deserve!!!
    Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Thanx buddy. Scott, the articles author was camped next to me on the flight line. Another really nice person that I got to meet in my travels to these flying events away from my own home field. So of the half dozen I've been to this year, I still had the most fun at NEFI and actually meeting a handful of people from the Squawk/Motion like Ryan/Capn Mike and you and Lon and Ben is just frosting on the cake. The passion for this sport and the young boy in me lives strong.:D
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I hope to see that plane at Nefi so I can drool!!
      The Bearcat is definitely coming with me, now, just trying to decide what else. Also thinking of getting a canopy for the truck box instead of the cover, to give a little more height to jam in planes

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Outstanding Charlie!! Woo Hoo!!!!
        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Fancy pants, OV10! Keep that young boy alive!
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
            Fancy pants, OV10! Keep that young boy alive!
            Thank you very much sir, the ability to beat 6 different cancers absolutely drives that youngster in me.
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

That makes you a legend Warbird. Congrats!

Roy B.

Comment

Nahh! Charlie was already a legend to anyone who's met him, it just took the press that long to figure it out!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

So in my neck of the woods I can not get a hard copy of the FlyRC as I had planned to do, so our/my friend Gman/Dan sent me his own copy all the way from Wyoming to NY so that I could see what the heck Alpha was calling Fancy Pants.........HA. So I got the magazine today and yes there I was on page 29 with just a normal pair of cargo shorts but what a real story telling set of sleeves!!
                  As I mentioned over on the F7F thread, my trip to NEFI for 2017 will include all 7 of my twins, so yes Dan you can drool but no slobbering on the PBJ is allowed!!
                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

HA!
                    With all the cool planes, I won't know which way to turn!!
                    Glad it got there Charlie, it just seems to me that whenever you or I manage to get our faces in a magazine, we should have proof!!
                    Enjoy, buddy!!!!!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                    X