X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Christmas at our House

One of the things the wife and I are into is our Christmas Village. For me, it started back in 2000 when I bough my first one. Since then, every year I've added a house, then when Diane and I got together, it expanded exponentially until it latest incarnation, including 43 houses including five theme streets. I takes us a good two days to set it all up, but pretty awesome when its done, of course, there's the chore of taking it all apart afterwards as well! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9011.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	52892Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9021.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	52893Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9022.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	52894Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9023.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	52895Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9035.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	52896Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9029.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	52897Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9027.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	52898
    Team Gross!

Your honey and my sweetie have the same passion for the Xmas season with massive decorations but unfortunately mine does not have the same desire like Diane does to go on flying excursions.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

That's awesome, G-man! My parents also have some Christmas Village buildings. Although not to that extent. they set theirs up around the tree. Plus my Dad sets up one of his G-scale trains to go around the village and tree. Neat stuff!

Comment

That's something I'd like to incorporate, but pretty difficult now.
        One day, we'd love to find a store front window we could use downtown and set it up there, that'd be cool.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

Yes, that would be awesome in a large store window.

Comment

Wow Grossman are you powering that with a UBEC or the ESC's onboard BEC? :)

As a kid I was fond of visiting the "Train Lady", whose house, garage, driveway, and front yard was filled with houses like this, multiple trees, and an electric train that wove through the garage and driveway. Even after at ten years old I outgrew being able to ride on that train, we still continued to bring kids and grandkids from my family there until she passed away.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

My wife also likes to decorate until it looks like Christmas exploded in the house,but it looks beautiful. My thing is the Christmas village under the tree and the Polar Express train around it just like when I was a kid.

Comment

If you think that's bad, we also do Old Trail Town which is a collection of old west buildings that were gathered up from all over Wyoming and reassembled. Things like the Hole In The Wall cabin used by Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Ever wonder where Jeremiah Johnson is buried? Right here at Old Trail Town.
                Anyway, every year we decorate the cabins up for Christmas and hold a free event for the town. Diane is very involved in it and I make a video for them every year as well as we both decorate a cabin.
                The cabins are like refrigerators this time of year, still recovering!!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

Hey Alpha, check your inbox
                  Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

I love Christmas, I'm just a big kid at heart and my birthday is close to Christmas too. I love your Christmas village Grossman, it's great.

Martin.

Comment

Wicked. I love all things miniature. If you dont have pets grab some cotton and starting pulling it apart for ground cover.

Dont forget ol Jacks house.....
                      Attached Files
                      AMA 1102566

Comment

Working...
                      X