X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Glenn

God Speed, John Glenn. Thank you for your service and contributions to aerospace. You will be missed sir.

An article about him.

Comment

A real great guy with a set of steel guts to go beyond the call for humanity. He will be missed and god speed to him. RIP SIR!

Comment

How many of us looked to John Glenn as a hero?
        Just as those who grew up in the war years idolized the Aces of WWII, we of the next generation idolized the men who first blasted off into 'outer space' We all can remember these first flights and waiting in anticipation as they hauled the space capsule out of the ocean and on board the aircraft carriers, as they used to do in the 'old days' (yes, hard to believe!)
        Now a days, its so much further along than it was then and has almost become mundane. The news of a space shuttle trip sometimes hardly gets the media attention.
        Then up steps, of all people, Senator John Glenn, all of a sudden the media gets interested again.
        "Why would a senior senator go into space? "
        "You mean he was an astronaut?"
        Damn Right he was, we who knew echoed, and a hell of a guy, putting his butt on the line for America.
        We who were loyal Star Trek fans always tuned in to see the 'real thing' and hoped that it was leading to something like that kind of world.
        John and people like him, names that were household words for our generation, will forever hold a special place in our hearts as we remember their feats, the equivalent of Magellan, Columbus and Lewis and Clarke all wrapped up in one.
        The words, "To boldly go where no one has gone before"
        Sums up the heroes of the first space generation.
        Thank you John, and those who flew with you!!

God Bless

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

God speed John Glenn.

Comment

He no doubt was a hereo in my mind. I'll never forget the date of when he first went into space. It was on my 8th Birthday, 20 FEB 62. :)
            Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
            Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Originally posted by Lon View Post
              He no doubt was a hereo in my mind. I'll never forget the date of when he first went into space. It was on my 8th Birthday, 20 FEB 62. :)
              It was my 15th birthday, and I remember it, and all of the early space flights, with awe!!! :shy::shy: RIP John Glenn.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wpmay View Post

It was my 15th birthday, and I remember it, and all of the early space flights, with awe!!! :shy::shy: RIP John Glenn.

Bill
                I was 12 and was in Catholic grade school an the nun that day had no teaching class and brought in a tv so we could watch the space launch. John Glenn and the other original seven astronauts are what inspired me to join the Air Force and although I didn't become an astronaut I did become flyer and as the saying goes "Slip the Surley Bonds of Earth". God Bless John Glenn

Roy B.

Comment

Working...
                X