X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Flight Time Helpline

Help! Had to work since last Saturday with this epic Donner Party type winter storm here. After getting next to no flight time in SO too long, not even the simulator, its the first perfect sunny day to fly this morning. I have so many chores to do with no help but the dogs that I feel like I'm drowning. With the river at flood stage about six miles downstream and with another "atmospheric river" coming, I may be soon anyway. At least my planes are off the ground :rolleyes:. If I don't get this stuff done I'm doomed, but I have to fly soon or I'm gonna crack up. Someone tell me what's right? You guys helped get me hooked on this stuff, what should I do now? Coffee break is over. Is there a Doctor in the house? Someone stay at a Holiday Inn last night? :(

Im with ya buddy, just remember you can do it, were all here for you, you can and will get through this. If the dt's get real bad, just remember call 1-800-Hobbysquak!!!!

Comment

Flipped a coin and lost...felt like Larry Kroeger from Animal House, without even getting the tissue paper Battled the yard back from Defcon 2 to 4 today. Weather man promised tomorrow will be good, so tuning kits and prepping up. Football set on DVR. Man, if he's wrong, I'm going hunting...

Comment

Man I'm sorry to hear that...I'm at 176 days :p
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bearcat 004.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	57941 I understand I want to get some stick time in too but this crummy weather has been unyielding. I hope to get some time soon to fly I have a brand new Bearcat that needs a maiden flight hopefully soon the weather will cooperate and let me fly!

Comment

Its now been a full month since I've been at the field.. Traveled back home to MN for Christmas, and the last weekend was terrible weather. Did get some full-scale time back home though. This weekend is all rain. I now have 3 planes awaiting maiden flights, an LX F-117, LX YF-23, and FMS 1500mm P-47. Hopefully I will finally get some stick time then. I want plenty of practice before taking up that YF-23..

Comment

I finally got to fly Friday for the first time in about a month....and then again yesterday.... and hopefully again today. :shy: I have done a little bit of indoor flying which helps but is just not the same. Flying the snot of of my 80mm F-86 and really enjoying it. Also got in another flight on my Mig-21 yesterday. Still going strong. It is not easy when the weather and life keep you from flying but there are calmer, drier days ahead.

Comment

I got some in yesterday as well.. been 2 weeks. stange thing though, I was very rusty..just felt awkward flying..couldnt get my orientation right..felt nervous the whole time..plus the sun was really bright.. (morning flight) .so after 2 flights I called it quits...felt I better walk away before I did something dumb.
                www.TSHobbies.com
                Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Yup... It's smart to pack it up and go home when it just doesn't feel right. I've been there. Doc

Comment

Hey guys, just have trouble feeling sorry for you as I haven't flown since November and the prospects don't look good for the foreseeable future! Here's Wyoming in the winter. This has been the worst it's been since the 80's so I'm told but the drifts, as you can see on the neighbor's fence have been huge. The last pic is taken from the window beside my PC. Patiently waiting for Spring!!

Name:	IMG_9445.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	57971Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9446.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	57972Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9448.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	57973Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9451.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	57974
                    Attached Files
                    Team Gross!

Comment

We've all been there Westsider :), or at least many of us have, ha-ha. I've had several months go by where I did not have a single moment I could fly. That was not fun at all.

Luckily, with a break, it makes me extra excited to fly when I do get the chance. To keep fresh when I can't fly, I'm always thinking about aviation and surrounding myself with it in one shape or another such as listen to LiveATC on my mobile App, watch YouTube videos of RC aircraft and full scale, try to get 10 min on the RC sim at night before bed, watching planes overhead, etc. All that really helps keep me more content until I can fly.

Hopefully today is the day you get some RC action in! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                        Hey guys, just have trouble feeling sorry for you as I haven't flown since November and the prospects don't look good for the foreseeable future! Here's Wyoming in the winter. This has been the worst it's been since the 80's so I'm told but the drifts, as you can see on the neighbor's fence have been huge. The last pic is taken from the window beside my PC. Patiently waiting for Spring!!

Name:	IMG_9445.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	57971Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9446.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	57972Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9448.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	57973Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9451.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	57974
                        You win! LOL!

Comment

Yeah, figured LOL!!!
                          Team Gross!

Comment

exactly why I would never move up north..loving this spring like weather in January though..fixin to go out now and try it again.
                            www.TSHobbies.com
                            Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                              Yeah, figured LOL!!!
                              You gotta build one of these Gman, haha.Or maybe get a heli, put it out on the driveway, and fly it from the window inside :D.

Comment

There was a Doctor(Mike) in the house! Thanks helpline volunteers, your reassuring words and some merciful sunshine saved me today. Having lived through this calamity now myself, I feel better able to assist others in times of need ;):p. Don't know how you folks up north and in the midwest deal with this...

Comment

After a while we get n-n-n-n-nervous and j-j-j-j-jerky!!!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                  X