Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying model airplanes is stupid

Said no one EVER! lol:P

I had a great start to the new season. Last Saturday was 60F with NO wind. I flew all day long and everything came home in one piece!:Cool: Man I needed that! I hadn't had a plane in the air since last November.

I was able to break in the Evo 10gx on the Avistar and got the maiden out of the way on the 80" Pawnee. I was even able to get some flight time in after work this week.

Today was 10F and blizzarding....Friggen weather... But at least I got some flying in before it turned!:Whew:

Anyone else just now getting the dust off their thumbs?

It was nice like that is Des Moines last weekend and snow today. :( What part of Iowa are you in?

Comment

NW corner. 50 miles from minesota and 50 miles from south dakota. Its been a fairly mild winter for temps but the wind has been endless.

Comment

I imagine you got hit pretty good with last nights storm.

Comment

I've been flying all winter on any day that is calm-ish, warm-ish (>23F), not snowing at the time. I restrict myself to things that has really big tires or can be hand launched and belly landed (skidders) and this: (note the surrounding conditions).......................

Comment

Flips n rolls to forward flight transition culminating in a spot landing, very nicely done XV. Looks like your one of the few that's managed to work the bugs out.
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
              I imagine you got hit pretty good with last nights storm.
              It wasn't as bad as they predicted. They were calling for 18" of snow with winds in the 50mph range. We ended up with about 6" with 30mph winds.

I'm just glad I got some stick time in before it came. Amazing what that will do for a guys attitude!

Nice flying with the Convergence Viper. I thought about getting the Beaver out (with snow skis) but my thumbs cant really take the cold anymore. Spent most of the winter in the warm hangar getting things ready for spring. I think I may be turning into a fair weather flyer:P

Comment

Hey Charlie Have you been able to catch a weather window to maiden your Fokker DR 1 build?

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                  Flips n rolls to forward flight transition culminating in a spot landing, very nicely done XV. Looks like your one of the few that's managed to work the bugs out.
                  I've been very lucky to get one that isn't plagued with the well documented glitches. I fly it 2 to 3 times every time I go out and so far, no incidents except when it slides off the slippery table when landing.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
                    Hey Charlie Have you been able to catch a weather window to maiden your Fokker DR 1 build?
                    No I haven't :( That snow crap that the Midwest got is now on me in the form of about an inch of rain.
                    Did manage to make the AMA Expo East yesterday with Twowingstj. :)

When the Fokker does get the maiden(probably about another month) I'll post it on the thread I started for it.
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                    X