X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Trailer

Well, the wife and I have been saving for years to get a new trailer to replace the old camper/trailer we've had for years. We finally found the deal we wanted at the price that fit into our budget, but it's February and the trailer is in ........Idaho Falls Idaho.
    Ok, so not a bad thing as we're in Cody, Wy and if you check a map, we'd drive through Yellowstone Nat'l Park to the West Entrance and head south, a pleasant drive of a few hours and scenic....But it's February and the park is closed!
    Out with the map. Here to I-90, to Butte Montana, then south to Idaho Falls, basically, driving around Yellowstone. Headed out Friday morning at 6:45 and other than Pit Stops, drove straight through, arriving at 2:30 PM. All in all a pretty easy run considering its February!
    Got all the paperwork sorted out and the trailer hitch on the truck. Camped in her the first night and were snug as a bug. Only problem is that they couldn't dewinterize it because...It's February!! and COLD!
    So, took off around 9:30AM and really lucked out on the drive home, clear all the way, with one problem in the flats of Montana. The wind really gets up there,70-90 mph, and we ran across heavy winds and snow drifting across the road, forming good ol' black ice!!

Slowed way down and hit the four ways on and crawled along. Idiots whipping past us like it was perfect conditions, but no time to worry about them.
    Came around a bend and there, on the other side of the Highway, is a one ton dually, still attached to a long trailer, only problem is the trailer is on its side and the whole rig is turn 180 degrees to the flow of traffic! Poor guy, we hoped everyone was okay, looked as if the truck stayed upright thorough the whole thing.
    so, we crawled through the black ice and eventually got to the other side of it safely, the rest of the drive was pretty straight forward, Got home around 7:00PM.
    A lot of driving, not my record and not that I want to break that either (Vancouver, BC, Canada to Cody Wyoming-18 hours straight through) so, we're glad to be home!

Grossman56 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9466.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	64126Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9467.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	64127
    Team Gross!

So, guess what's coming to Nefi with us??
    Team Gross!

Comment

Congrats Grossman, that's sweet.

Comment

Great looking setup you have! See you in June......
        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Very nice, I like the ground clearance.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Got up, got out and got er and the truck all washed up, boy we couldn't have timed it better as there is over a foot of snow hitting the Cascades today and we're supposed to get another blast. Sometimes you just luck out . Here she is sitting in front of the house. We were concerned about the length but she just fits in the drive way. Eventually, she'll park on the side of the house whee there is just enough room, once we fell a tree. That'll happen in better weather, for now she's good and the wife is happy, enjoying it!!!

Grossman56 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9468.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	64143Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9469.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	64144
            Team Gross!

Comment

Looking very nice. I was gonna say where is all that snow you had not that long ago.

Comment

It's finally fading away!! LOL Hopefully there is some flying in the near future!;) We had 1/4" last Thursday, but it looks like it's been warm enough so that a lot of it has melted. The stuff by the front window is maybe a foot deep in the middle, where the shade is, but its fading, you can just see a pinch of it under the front door. I was out busting up the pile in front of the house this morning, just in case she wouldn't fit in the driveway, but it worked out fine. The tree on the right in the last pic is the one that's coming down. Good thing I'm married to a lumber jack. She's a gal that's more into power tools than make up and, of course, is just looking for something to take down with her Chain saw.
                Gotta love it!!
                Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

Real nice set up Gman!

Roy B.

Comment

thanks guys!
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Very nice !

Comment

Great weather today.......except for the wind, otherwise, I'd be flying!!!
                        So, we go her opened up today and had some fun! We are so ready for Nefi!!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9476.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	65068Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9472.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	65069
                        Team Gross!

Comment

You'll be "roughing it with style" now.