Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Chevy Shake is now a standard option for GM trucks & SUVs...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chevy Shake is now a standard option for GM trucks & SUVs...

Just in case anyone is considering buying a GM vehicle anytime soon, a word of warning about the 'Chevy Shake' in SUVs and trucks from 2014-2017 ...just search for that term ,and you will find hundreds,if not thousands of complaints about this new 'option' that comes with it... our new Silverado has a bad vibration @ 70 mph . ..the dealership has changed 6 tires,claiming it was a balance issue...but so far ,the problem hasnt been fixed... GM says theres nothing wrong with it..the dealer service director said he didnt feel anything during test drive...yet Im not the only owner who has the complaint,yet GM is denying the problem..and says until there is a 'failed' part, then they wont warranty it. After spending $50K on this truck, Im rather disappointed with it...and its really annoying on those long trips when all you hear for hours is your iced tea constantly rattling! I wish I had seen the posts about this problem before I spent all that money,so Im just posting this where Im allowed to warn others in the hunt for a new truck or SUV. If your dead set on buying one... test drive it for alot more than justa few blocks,and make sure you give it a good highway test at or over 70mph (oh, without going over the speed limit of course) ;)
    If you feel any vibration at all... dont take the word of the salesman that its just flat spots from sitting in the lot for weeks.... BS
    www.TSHobbies.com
    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Not just SUV and trucks. I have an HHR with the same problem. Love my little "van" except for the shakes.

Comment

02 Chevy Avalanche 2500 4X4 that does it also, new tires, pads and rotors, shocks, drive line, front wheel bearings and still shakes at 70. :(
      AMA 424553

Comment

thats sucks guys...not sure what bugs me the most..the shake..or the fact that GM pretends it doesnt exist.. we had the service director at our dealership test drive it,and he said he didnt feel anything. I just couldnt believe it.. for him to straight out lie to my wife and I like that just boiled my blood. we were riding with him and could feel it. their last solution was...I could trade it in for another if I want...but they would only give me 'trade in value' for the brand new truck !
        www.TSHobbies.com
        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Working...
        X