X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about some electric boats?

I normally fly just electric planes, but I recently bought an RC boat from my LHS. It is the Aquacraft Rio, and came as a Ready to Run package with a Tactic surface radio. Not having messed with anything but planes, this pistol style transmitter fell to hand really quickly and was very intuitive. Anyway, after racing my boat around a local pond on a day when it was too windy to fly, I found out how much fun a boat can be! So how about if you guys carry a small lineup of entry to mid-level boats? I know I will be looking for another boat in the near future, maybe a Catamaran or Hydroplane style with a brushless motor that really scoots. Just a thought that might help expand your business.

Re: Electric boats and TANKS

I don't have a public "pond" to use RC boats but I think a PT boat would be cool. l would like to see Motion eventually carry some good RC tanks. When the weather is bad for flying I could use my RC Tiger tank and blast away at a Russian T-34 or a Sherman. I wouldn't even have to leave the yard to have fun.

Comment

I ran and raced R/C boats for years.. If you want a real fast electric hydro, the Aquacraft UL-1 superior will do over 60 easy.. The guy that designed that and others, is a friend of mine.. It runs on 2 - 7.4 3000+ ma packs.. Aquacraft has other nice models also.. Proboat doesn't have much of a lineup anymore, but the quality of their products is pretty good also.. My 2 cents... Ian

Comment

Thanks I74-I appreciate the information you provided on some other Aquacraft boats. I will look up the Superior for sure. My main love is still airplanes, but on windy days, these boats can be a lot of fun, but I don't think the geese on the pond liked it much! They stayed on the bank and fussed at it when it went by, and wouldn't come in the water!

Comment

When the time is right. We don't want to overextend ourselves so we will continue to focus on things that fly in the near term. We still have a lot of products and accessories to bring you in the flying arena.

Comment

Thanks Tom, I can certainly understand not wanting to overextend your business. Would it be possible to maybe expand the line up of Admiral LiPo batteries to include some large 2 cell batteries for boats and cars? Say 4000mAH or larger?

Keep up the good work, I would much rather order from you guys if possible!

Comment

We can bring in any size. I'm always willing to try a small amount and see if they sell. If there are any sizes you want to see, let us know the C rating, capacity in mAh, and cell count. Sounds like you are interested in a 4000mAh 2S pack. C rating? Any others?

Comment

Working...
              X