X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Day

its a sad day I found out yesterday that Darrell Dreasher owner/operator of Amarillo Hobby House past away recently. The full service Hobby House had been in continuous operation since 1957 Darrell was the second generation owner. Although it was 100 miles away it was my local hobby shop they had almost every small part and a great selection of planes from several manufactures. The business has been permanently closed. It is a sad day for us in the Texas Panhandle. There is no other hobby shop that is even close to being able to replace what he had. I guess I will be a 100% on line buyer from now on. I'll truly miss him and his wealth of knowledge.

Wow im sorry to hear that FF. People take the local shops for granted. More and more are closeing for one reason or the other. I still fly some nitro so i dont want to have to wait on an order from tower hobbies. I just jump in my truck and run across town to Hayes Hobby House. Not only do they carry about everything the owners have become very good friends. I my be out and not even need anything and just pop in and talk. Bad thing is once you het Alan in a conversion he will start forgetting hes got customers waiting and then his m has to tell him he needs to wait on them. She is 84 and still in the shop. His dad runs the back section with the trains his brother is on the other side with painting and static models. He runsthe rc side planes,cars,trucks. I always get a discount for being in a club and another discount for being AMA. I sure you felt a closeness to your local shop as i do mine. I hope that maybe some may come around and maybe open it back up. Lets hope so.
    Dewey l

Comment

Working...
    X