X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No FAA Registration required

The Courst have just ruled that we no longer have to register our aircraft with the FAA, check this out.

AMA Air hosts meet up with AMA Government Affairs & Public Relations Representative Tyler Dobbs to talk about the U.S. Court of Appeals decision.https://www....

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

This is great news for you guys. Here, Transport Canada's idea of registration never even got off the ground. As I've said before, I flew with a Transport Canada member and he detested all this legislation governing everything an RC modeler did. It was only a small handful of TC guys who wanted to puff up their chests and exert their authority over the land. Some of them wanted to leave a legacy behind after they retired, saying that's what they accomplished in their career.

Comment

Sorry, guys. I was so excited about this, I started a post without seeing Grossmans post. Great news! Doc

Comment

No problem Doc,doesn't matter how we hear the news as long as we hear it

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

Well this was short lived :(
          Just got the notification from the AMA
          The Academy of Model Aeronautics is a nonprofit community of enthusiasts who come together to celebrate model aviation.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

they're baaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Team Gross!

Comment

FAA like any other bureaucracy hates to lose and will change the rules to prevent repeating any loss.
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Here's a recent article worth reading. Looks like we won for the most part as long as you're a member of a community based organization (AMA). And you can get your 5 bucks back!!

Complying with a federal appellate court ruling, the agency will delete the information it has collected on drone hobbyists—at their request.

BB

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                  Here's a recent article worth reading. Looks like we won for the most part as long as you're a member of a community based organization (AMA). And you can get your 5 bucks back!!

Complying with a federal appellate court ruling, the agency will delete the information it has collected on drone hobbyists—at their request.

BB
                  Almost not worth the effort, but got mine ready to go out tomorrow.

Comment

The referenced court ruling was overturned. FAA registration is still required.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                      The referenced court ruling was overturned. FAA registration is still required.
                      Yepper, see above post#5;)
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                      X