X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you believe we would have to warn people

A friend of mine posted this because, believe it or not, tourists do this every year.
    Some think we have some kind of petting zoo in Yellowstone and get killed or maimed because of that faulty way of thinking. BTW, there are signs and even hand outs when you enter the park warning you that these are wild and dangerous animals....... Click image for larger version

Name:	13254541_856958901114143_2186522947511574297_n.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	76787
    Please guys, if you or someone you know is going to Yellowstone, warn them,
    I don't want to hear of another fatality and that is was someone I know/knew.
    This year, so far, there have been videos of people getting out of their cars to pat the Buffalo !!!!
    With newborns no less. The Buffalo showed more restraint than the humans, but I've also seen the videos where someone has been tossed thirty plus feet in the air by a buffalo and ended up in a tree.

We actually had someone complain to one of the tellers in Walmart that, "We traveled a long way to get here, you need to make your wildlife more visible!!"

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

We get the same retardedness in Banff National Park around here. Every year, we hear of some dumbass walking up to an elk the size of a VW Beetle trying to get a head-on photo. He gets "racked" and it's the elk's fault.

Comment

Hey it's just Darwinism you can't fix stupid.

Comment

Yep, I agree, I've told people for years, you can measure intelligence with aptitude tests, but stupidity knows no bounds !

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

Natural selection...take down all the signs.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

LOL
            Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
              Natural selection...take down all the signs.
              YEPPER;) The :Loser:gene pool is getting to large :Devil:
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

People used to grow up on farms and knew about animals. Today, I believe, most people don't even know where there food comes from ( Walmart?) much less, how dangerous animals can be, wild or not. Doc

Comment

Just too bad they have to find out the hard way and usually at the animals expense.
                  Last years was a new high in stupidity when someone actually saw a baby buffalo on laying on the side of the road and decided it needed rescuing, loaded it into their motorhome and took it to the Ranger station!!
                  The rangers immediately took it back and tried to reunited it with the herd, but because it reeked of human smell, the herd wouldn't accept it, they had to put it down.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                  X