You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Beginner RC aircraft (list provided)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Beginner RC aircraft (list provided)

I'm trying to figure out what would be the best trainer for my needs and the space I have to fly! In regards to how much room I have; there is one spot in my town that is big enough for a 50+ inch rc plan. I would like to be able to fly this trainer in multiple locations. Considering this which plane would best prepare me for lowing sport plane or warbird? Thank you for your help
    Dynam Hawk Sky
    11.11%
    Mini Apprentice s
    55.56%
    Freewing Pandora
    0%
    HobbyZone champ s+
    0%
    HobbyZone sport cub s
    33.33%
    FMS Easy Trainer
    0%

The only experience I have with any of these planes is the Apprentice. I've flown with a few students that have that plane and our club uses them for training new fliers.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
      The only experience I have with any of these planes is the Apprentice. I've flown with a few students that have that plane and our club uses them for training new fliers.
      Thank you very much!!

Comment

IMO, the absolute best trainer/high wing plane you can get is the Flyzone Sensei. It is the easiest plane you can get & is a joy to fly.....& the drop bay is lots of fun. Here's a couple vids....

Denny

2 Brothers take a look at the latest trainer to hit the RC market - the Flyzone Sensei 58" EP. You'll be amazed at what they discovered....Part 1 of 2Copyri...

2 Brothers take a look at the latest trainer to hit the RC market - the Flyzone Sensei 58" EP. You'll be amazed at what they discovered....Part 2 of 2Copyri...
        *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
        *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Originally posted by yorkiepap View Post
          IMO, the absolute best trainer/high wing plane you can get is the Flyzone Sensei. It is the easiest plane you can get & is a joy to fly.....& the drop bay is lots of fun. Here's a couple vids....

Denny

2 Brothers take a look at the latest trainer to hit the RC market - the Flyzone Sensei 58" EP. You'll be amazed at what they discovered....Part 1 of 2Copyri...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9k7bHeVRIw
          Thank you very much! I'll take a look at it

Comment

I learned on the Apprentice and it saved me from giving up on the hobby as I was having trouble getting into 4-channel birds. The UMX Sport Cub S was a great plane, but a challenge on any day with a hint of a breeze. I flew it for a year, but 90% of the time I would take it out only to find it too windy to fly it. I moved to the UMX J3 and that little guy is just perfect. It is almost easy enough to use as a 4 channel trainer. It is very stable and has great low speed handling.

Comment

Yea the apprentice is a good choice but if you do not have anyone to help teach you, get the hobby zone S+ my 11-year-old is learning on that and doing well. Yes, it does have 3 modes beginner, intermediate and export. This is a great looking plane and awesome flyer! This plane does not have that boxy looking airframe.

Comment

Originally posted by yorkiepap View Post

Denny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9k7bHeVRIw
                Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

My first RC when I got back into the hobby was an EFlite Apprentice. I still have the Apprentice and take my family members to the park and they like flying the Apprentice. If they get into trouble they can push the panic button and auto recover.

Comment

I'm teaching my son with the sportsman s+

Comment

I have an FMS Easy Trainer. If you can't fly this, try cars and boats. But, seriously, this airplane practically flies it's self. Handles wind extremely well and nothing could land more easily. I always fly this plane first for a warm up. Doc

Comment

Working...
                      X