X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR636

I need someone to help me with a setup for this receiver on a 1700mm P51 Redtail?

Sorry I can't help you with this but here's a link to the AR636 product info page from Horizon. Go to the "support" section where you can download the appropriate manual. From what I can tell, you need a smarphone app or a PC interface.

All of my planes that come with the AS3X Rxs are good to go right out of the box. One word of caution. These Rxs require several steps when entering and changing parameters. Be sure not to skip any steps. A flying buddy had an Eflite Beast. He tried to change one of the settings and missed one step. That next flight was the plane's last.

Comment

All that being said...I am aware of what you have explained but it's the adjustments for P51 Redtail 1700mm that I need to finalize for a first flight

Comment

The differences from one plane to another will usually be direction of movement of the control surface when stabilizer is working and this can be tested by moving the plane. The other is the amount of gain used for each axis. This has to be tested by trial and error with a short test circuit. If the control surface begins to twitch, you need less gain. If the plane is stable, you could raise gain little by little till it twitches, then back it off a bit OR you can just leave it if you think it's working OK. You can usually tell if you do a roll and it "snaps" back when you let go of the stick. Same for ELE and RUD. A big plane like your 1700 will be mushy to begin with, so a stabilizer won't show a very "sharp" stabilization. Stabilizers tend to give more visual signs on smaller, fast planes.

Comment

Have you watched the videos Spektrum has regarding setting up AS3X? if not, I would HIGHLY recommend starting there. Do a search on YouTube for Spektrum AS3X, they have a whole series where they go through configuration & setup.

also remember, on all the primary control surfaces (i.e. AEL, ELE, RUD) you HAVE to setup reversing, expo & subtrims in the software. DO NOT DO IT ON THE RADIO!

Secondary surfaces like flaps, retracts and such can be done from the radio.

Comment

So...when I bind after I do the control surfaces the transmitter will automatically take the adjustments?

Comment

and I have watched the Spectrum AS3X Videos and have done the setups for the AS3X only...

Comment

Originally posted by LesHurricane View Post
                So...when I bind after I do the control surfaces the transmitter will automatically take the adjustments?
                I don't believe this is the case. At least with a Spektrum Tx, it sends out signals and the Rx listens. The Tx doesn't take any feedback from the Rx. Only if you have telemetry, would the Tx actually "listen" and then, it only monitors and displays what's being sent back to it. In this case where you are setting control surface response to stabilization, throw, expo, gain, etc, the Tx really doesn't know these things. What signals the Tx sends out, the AS3X Rx reads them and does what it needs to do with them.

Comment

Les set all your transmitter controls to neutral , trim included. Now power up the receiver , without the prop on it , after you plug in all your servos that you can . You probably need to wait on your wing because most planes you can't get to the servos inside once it is attached. Now that servos are plugged in and power on the radio and receiver your servos will move to a neutral position . Hook up your linkages and adjust to get your elevator etc. to what you want them set at . On the ends of the rods you can twist the connectors to move in or out to get a neutral position . This is the best starting point .

Bryan
                  But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Now that I have an AR 636 to experiment with, can anyone give us some insight as to what is in the program? The dang cable is a bit on the expensive side, but cheaper than a pile of smoldering foam....

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Grossman, that a real good question and I'd like to know the answer myself. So far, I can only go on speculation. Till now, I've been of the notion that not all AR636s are the same. For example, the one out of the Parkzone Sukhoi SU-29 is an AR636 but is not compatible with any other airplane except perhaps with another similar Parkzone product. The one in my Rare Bear is an AR636A and it's set differently than the ones in their warbirds. So the answer may not be definitive as it depends on which "sub-species" of 636 you've got.

Comment

Yeah, I hear you, just something else to mess with on our non flying days. I could be pessimistic and same one more thing to go wrong.....

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Not to discourage you but I was given 2 of the 636s out of the Sukhoi. The 2 previous owners gave up on them. I fiddled with them and I gave up, too. The one fella tried to re-program it and the next flight, the plane crashed. Same guy, in his Beast, fiddled with it via the computer and again, the next flight resulted in a crash - totaled the plane.
                          The 636s in other planes (mine and others) have never been touched. Too scared to messed with them. I've "heard" some say that the stand alone 636s that you can buy, are programmed with very modest stabilization out of the box. What that means, I have no idea.

Comment

Here's info, but from what I can find over on Horizon Hobbies, only the sport version is programmable, in other words, from what I can gleen, you could tweak it, but you can't use it in a different type of airplane.
                            That's the pits!!
                            Anyway, here's the info from Spektrum.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

The only stabilizers I've ever used came stock in eflite/parkzone stuff. It's a shame that there is not a way to reuse the reciever in something else if you kill the old airplane. I guess in this respect the a3L type stabilizers are an advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                The only stabilizers I've ever used came stock in eflite/parkzone stuff. It's a shame that there is not a way to reuse the reciever in something else if you kill the old airplane. I guess in this respect the a3L type stabilizers are an advantage.
                                I have several HobbyEagle stabs and starting to add more Lemon stabilized RXs to my fleet. Both work extremely well and for low cost. It's too bad that Horizon is pushing these things upon us (and they aren't cheap to buy separately but they still add to the price of the plane in the BNF models). The new Radian XL, for example .................. some owners have already started to ditch the 636 in favor of other options. Personally, I'll give a it try but first glitch or problem or compatibility issues with my stabilized Return Home and Lemon telemetry , out it goes.

Comment

So far I've yet to have any issue at all with them but if I do I'll change them out for nonstabilizer receivers. Assuming I have the plane left to put one in.

Comment

Don't fill bad,, I've just lost my P-51 an my P-39 due to wrong programming in my AR636, ???can anyone give me the stock settings for the AR636,,Yaw%,,Pitch%,,Roll%,, need to set it back to stock settings( Factory )

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Squirrel View Post
                                      Don't fill bad,, I've just lost my P-51 an my P-39 due to wrong programming in my AR636, ???can anyone give me the stock settings for the AR636,,Yaw%,,Pitch%,,Roll%,, need to set it back to stock settings( Factory )
                                      The AR636 for any given Eflite plane is different and there is no "stock" setting. For example the settings for the Rare Bear is nothing like the settings for the Radian XL. Similarly, the settings are completely different for their Timber and again for their P-51.
                                      I suggest you start with something benign like I did with one of my home built foam planes. I took the one out of a Radian XL that someone gave me and I reprogrammed it for the MAKO. I've included screen shots of 2 planes. One is my MAKO and the other is what has been used for their Han5100 P51. My MAKO flies pretty good with those settings. I only use one flight mode for the MAKO, but the P51 uses 3 different modes (with 3 different gain, priority, D/R and expo). I post only one as an example. Your models may use different settings to fly well. It's a matter of trial and error and it's helpful to be able to shut it off with a switch if something doesn't feel right. Personally, I don't like the AR636. For less than 20 bucks, the Hobby Eagle is my preferred stabilizer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2583.PNG
Views:	1816
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	46654 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2584.PNG
Views:	1673
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	46655

Comment

Thanks ,, I've found that when you select NEW MODEL it gives you a few choices , 1 being The Han5100 P51, thanks again !!,,, i do have the hobby eagle also, will do,,,stay tuned!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                        X