X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official FlightLine RC 1200mm Sea Fury Thread

Motion RC is proud to announce FlightLineRC, a new brand of warbirds developed in partnership with Freewing Models. Freewing has established itself as a premier manufacturer in the electric RC market with their scale jets and quality warbirds. MotionRC has been deeply involved with many of Freewing's releases over the past two years, and FlightLine takes that partnership to a new level. *FlightLine will produce warbirds in various sizes, updating past aircraft we all know and love, and also bringing new aircraft which have never been mass-produced in the foam electric format. We're happy to announce FlightLine's rendition of the ever popular Hawker Sea Fury. This model features a large bay for large batteries and a gyro, and also offers oversized retracts for this model's size. FlightLine is committed to providing a wide range of spare parts in stock at Motion RC to keep you flying. Say goodbye to waiting months for unavailable spares!

The Hawker Sea Fury was the last piston engine driven carrier based fighter in British history. Although the Sea Fury did not participate in the Second World War, the aircraft earned distinction operating from British and Australian carriers during the Korean War where its performance and resilience earned the Sea Fury its place in aviation history. The Sea Fury also served across the world in the service of Australia, Canada, the Netherlands, Burma, West Germany, and many other nations. Following its retirement from military service, the Sea Fury continues to amaze audiences in racing competitions and air shows worldwide.

Flightline presents its Hawker Sea Fury FB.11 in the livery of a VX730/109/K of the 805 NAS, Korea 1951. This 1/9.7 Sea Fury is nearly 1/10 scale, almost in scale with FlightLine's 1600mm P-18 (1/10) and other aircraft such as the Eflite 1200mm P-51 (1/9.4) or RocHobby 1100mm Strega (1/10.2). Constructed using EPO foam, this model uses carbon tubes and plastic parts to reinforce the removable wings and control surfaces. Screws allow the wing and elevator to be easily removed. The four panel split flaps are reinforced with lite plywood, and the fuel tanks can be glued on at the owner's discretion.

To maximize performance efficiency, Flightline’s Sea Fury features a four bladed propeller and 580kv motor to achieve satisfying scale performance at 135kph/83mph speeds. An optional two bladed power system (sold separately) can be purchased to reach 150kph/93mph level speeds on the same 4s 14.8v battery. There is an optional two bladed propeller Sport Power System (sold separately) to achieve speeds up to 150kph/93mph. This Sport Power System includes: 3648-880kV motor, 12x8 2 blade propeller, and 2 bladed spinner. This Sport Power System is suitable for all 1100-1200mm wingspan warbirds from the FlightLineRC brand.

The Sea Fury is now available for pre-order and is estimated to arrive in less than three weeks!

For complete information, please visit:

http://www.motionrc.com/flightlinerc...-wingspan-pnp/

For any questions, ask here and our team will do our best to answer you. Over the coming weeks we will be posting Assembly Videos, Setup Tips, and Flight Review Videos of both the stock PNP aircraft and the high performance Sport Power System set. Stay tuned and thanks for your support for Motion RC and FlightLineRC!

Click image for larger version

Name:	8870a__57234.1456272734.1020.1020_1024x1024.jpeg
Views:	1370
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	65733Click image for larger version

Name:	8870b__68450.1456272734.1020.1020_1024x1024.jpeg
Views:	1306
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	65732
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8870j__98409.1456272735.1020.1020_1024x1024.jpeg
Views:	1377
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	65739Click image for larger version

Name:	8870h__77598.1456272735.1020.1020_1024x1024.jpeg
Views:	1795
Size:	275.1 KB
ID:	65740

Attached Files
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

RE: Official Announcement: FlightLine 1200mm Sea Fury

Absolutely awesome! I am really stoked by these new Flightline models. The Russian LA-7 is definitely one I haven't seen before, and while I love the P-38 and Seafury, I am thinking I might have to go with the LA-7 first!!

Can you tell us if anymore are in the pipeline, and what those might be?? :D

Way to go MRC!! I am really anxious to see more of these. 

Comment

I like these aircraft for different reasons, each of them flies differently. The Sea Fury feels very "planted" in the sky, the La-7 feels more spritely, and the P-38 is pure Class. We're excited to see what you and all our customers think after you've had a chance to fly them! We've been working on three planes and releasing them all at once, so we're focusing on these before announcing any others for the coming year.

Comment

Love it looks amazing!

Comment

Looks good to me. I don't mind the 4 blade prop.
          One thing though is it me or is the vertical tail over size?
          Is there only going to be one set of decals or are we going to get
          and Australian set as well?

Comment

curious...the photo on the product page shows a really nice sliding canopy (as well as 5 blades) ..I see the specs that says only a4 blade, thats a bummer, but what of the canopy? doesnt look like it does on the photos shown here.
            www.TSHobbies.com
            Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

The one on the product page looks more like a plastic kit. It needs to be updated to show the real plane or Motion will get a lot of complaints. Not everybody uses forums.
              Still it is their call.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Law
                The one on the product page looks more like a plastic kit. It needs to be updated to show the real plane or Motion will get a lot of complaints. Not everybody uses forums.
                Still it is their call.
                I kinda thought it looked a little " too nice of a model" to be a foam RC lol.. yeah I agree, that was a bad call using a plastic model.
                www.TSHobbies.com
                Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

We've updated the placeholder photo with photos of the actual model. As the Description had stated, the model pictured was not the production aircraft. We have since obtained photos of the production aircraft. Our apologies for any confusion!

Comment

Okay. This will cost you a 10% discount for "fooling" us. Just kidding of course. Actually, I have the model and it is a great flying plane. I really upgraded mine with a Gecko 85 ESC and Rimfire .46 motor. It screams and I only need one-half throttle to fly. At full throttle, she goes straight up. I am using an Admiral 5-cell 4000 battery. This is indeed a real power plant. I think all will like this model.

Comment

The Sea Fury has a large battery bay with lots of space for the receiver, an optional gyro, and a large battery for long flights. The battery bay's plywood floor can be removed with four screws to access the ESC, and the hatch is secured with both magnets at the rear and a foam foot on the front. The battery itself is secured with a velcro strap. The bay as pictured here is stock. Note the large space even with the Admiral 4s 4000mAh 40c battery mounted (pushed all the way forward without any other lead ballast to fly how I like it). Say goodbye to straining to reach inside small access hatches to get to your gear!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Love it! I can't wait for pilots to get theirs. This looks great and ample room for gear. Sea Furys fly amazing this in no doubt will be a blast. Great looks and excellent character. SWEET!

Comment

Any chance there has been any discussion with freewing about producing an optional 5 blade power system? Kind of in the same way the 2 blade speed package will be available.. It would great for those of us who are willing to go the extra mile for scale accuracy..

Comment

I've always wanted someone to make a nice Sea Fury so that I could build a model of Charlie Hillard's "Lone Star Fury". I was fortunate enough to get to see him perform in it at the Phoenix 500 Air Races back in 1996 before he was killed in it at Sun N Fun the same year. It was one of the best warbird aerobatic routines I've ever seen.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SMRTIC
                              I've always wanted someone to make a nice Sea Fury so that I could build a model of Charlie Hillard's "Lone Star Fury". I was fortunate enough to get to see him perform in it at the Phoenix 500 Air Races back in 1996 before he was killed in it at Sun N Fun the same year. It was one of the best warbird aerobatic routines I've ever seen.

That would be one sweet looking paint job!!!!
                              Lauren

Comment

The more I see of this plane the more it will be a must have. I just need to think of a way of reducing the look of the cauls front edge.
                                I'm really glade I cancelled the other one. :)

Comment

I just wish it were a bit larger…Bigger really does fly better. Nice looking model though.

John

Comment

For anyone reading this who is in the Southern California area, there is a scale fun fly event at Apollo on Sunday Feb 13. I'll be there with all three Flightline aircraft giving free test drives. Come over and say hello to the guy with a parade of airplanes and swarms of questioners. :)

Comment

I'm always in the hunt for a good flyer!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Assembling one now. Loving the paint, fit, finish, and the feel.

Comment

Working...
                                        X