Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided to make her into the Reno Racer.........

Comment

A couple fuselage shots

Comment

After sending Callie Graphics pics and links to the model and real full scale aircraft.......this is what I have now,

Comment

So, a few things you might enjoy about this plane. She flies very well....but a tad slower than I'd like on 4s. I did the zip tie mod on the 4 blade prop which increases the pitch by 1 to 1.5 pitch, and am currently flying on 5s 3300mah batts.
          I have no heat in the system, but have to admit, I fly 50 to 60% almost all the time. That is much faster than 4s at 100%....and on occassion I'll hit WFO on 5s......2 to 4 seconds at a time.

SHE'S ABIT ZIPPY ON 5S :)

The KEY......balance that 4 blade prop.....if you still have some vibration at half throttle or above....turn the spinner cone 90 degrees. It worked for me. This thing at FULL CHAT is smooth as glass.

Have fun guys and gals, remember: Take offs are optional, Landings on the other hand are MANDATORY.

I am hoping this thread livens up a tad......c'mon......MODIFY modify, and then modify MORE!

OH, forgot one thing, this build was started January 16th.....Maiden was on January 25th Thursday.....the pics at the field were taken Thursday the 25th. We are VERY fortunate to have flying season all year here in San Diego

Randy

Comment

Beautiful job Wyn!!

Looks terrific, probably flies as good as she looks too.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Wyn! Very awesome! Great looking plane

Comment

You know, I truly meant to weigh the stock parts, and then weigh when completed....just to see how much the paint added.....flying her, it all seem non-existent.

So GET CREATIVE!! don't worry.......as long as you are shooting thin coats, and get good coverage...you should be good!! Thank you for the kudos!

Randy

Comment

I had the same nose over issues. Dialed in a touch of up elev as recommended and, viola! That fixed the problem. I love this bird, hell I just love Sea Fury’s. Only down side was two days after the maiden. Doing a nice smooth, low right bank. Looking so damn good. Then Murphy’s law took hold with both hands. A bloody bee stung me on the right thumb. I know it was a bee because I glanced down when I felt it land. Why it decided to sting me I’ll never know. My thumb twitched and bam straight into the deck. Fuse and wings totaled. So got new parts from Motion and got it back together. Just waiting for my next time at the house to fly it again.

Comment

Hey Randy, Great paint Job buddy!!! Can you tell me what brand of primer and paint you used? Can you reply to my email nick@technocoatings.com. I Have a really hard time finding what I’m looking for on this I’ll be squawk site

thanks
                    Nick

Comment

Hey Nick, just my two cents, but on my Tigercat, I used the Krylon Foam Primer, it worked great!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

Nick, I really enjoy your repaints. Well done!
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Can someone tell me if you can install larger main wheels on the Sea Fury with out cutting the wheel wells?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by bobtheman View Post
                            Can someone tell me if you can install larger main wheels on the Sea Fury with out cutting the wheel wells?

Thank you
                            Stock wheel is 65mm and wheel pocket is 70mm
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Could I ask for some help..I am starting the build on The flight line Sea Fury the instructions call for 3 x 10mm to HOLD ON THE WING??? is that right screws not even a half inch LONG!

Can someone get me straight on this it makes no sense..

Comment

Could I ask for some help..I am starting the build on The flight line Sea Fury the instructions call for 3 x 10mm to HOLD ON THE WING??? is that right screws not even a half inch LONG!

Can someone get me straight on this it makes no sense..
                                  That's correct
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thank you for a reply...one other question, I have heard that there is room for a gyro..I must be looking at this wrong, it looks like I will be able to get my admiral receiver in but does not look that I will have room for the gyro?

Comment

Hi Bob, Charlie didn't have one in his and I don't have a Seafury but I do have the Flightline Bearcat, I would venture to say that you won't need one.

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

Thanks for your reply Grossman...:)

Comment

Thank you for a reply...one other question, I have heard that there is room for a gyro..I must be looking at this wrong, it looks like I will be able to get my admiral receiver in but does not look that I will have room for the gyro?
                                          Use the Admiral/Lemon 6 chan Rx/gyro combo and it will sit/fit easily on the foam ledge just aft of the ply battery tray.
                                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                          X