Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're going to work out the last of the cg bugs on the Pitts and she should take to the air today. I've been waiting for a year to see Dave fly her, he's pretty jacked as well!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

I have to get a plane ready so I can get a maiden on it today. Then I am heading to NEFI eary in the AM. About A 5 hour drive.

Comment

I'm here! ! Front row I'm set up.
        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Cool Lon, we're on our way early tomorrow, hold us a spot!!
          Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Graduated and got my/our thrill today. Dave and I have been waiting for almost a year for these pictures. Too Cool!!

Grossman56 and Mrs. Grossman,
            On The Road
            Team Gross!

Comment

That ought to be framed and put in the living room Dan!
              Lauren

Comment

It will be when I get home. Watch out for Model Airplane News or the AMA Magazine

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                  Cool Lon, we're on our way early tomorrow, hold us a spot!!
                  Grossman56
                  Just look for the red Traverse by the green canopy.
                  Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                  Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Got it, look for a Gun Metal grey Chev Silverado Crewcab with Wyoming license plates, bet it's the only one!

Hoping to be there late afternoon, it'll depend on traffic of course.
                    See you tomorrow.

Grossman56 and Mrs. Grossman,
                    On the Road to NEFI
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Gman those pictures are priceless for sure.

Comment

I have arrived!

Comment

We have too! Great to meet the guys finally! A funny thing though, I recognized them more by their planes than anything else. We were at the field 'til the sun set.
                          Frankly, I'm just too tired to say anything more, catch you all up in the morning.

Grossman56 and Mrs. Grossman
                          At NEFI!
                          Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                            We have too! Great to meet the guys finally! A funny thing though, I recognized them more by their planes than anything else. We were at the field 'til the sun set.
                            Frankly, I'm just too tired to say anything more, catch you all up in the morning.

At NEFI!
                            Ha!!!!! That's funny!
                            Lauren

Comment

Hopefully someone will take pictures and even do some videos for us that couldn't attend.

Comment

Hey guys and Gals!
                                Sorry for the delay, but frankly we were too tired last night and we got an early start this morning.
                                I'll be posting more as we go along, but here's some of the ones I have resized.
                                Ryan buzzing us with his P40, Warbird Charlie up front and concentrating, Ryan in the background.
                                Mike and Ryan shot some footage for videos as well so watch out for that.
                                Lon's over in the flight box in the white shirt in one pic and Ben (Ben Jack) and Kevin, who we're hooking up with HobbySquawk in one pic as well.
                                Diane had a great time talking with Mikes wife Valerie, they really hit it off.
                                Prizes galore, thanks Motion R/C. We won our share of t shirts and things. I picked up an E Flit Spitfire there for $207, you couldn't beat the price!
                                Back at it tomorrow, we'll be taking some group shots then.

At NEFI
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Thanks Gman Looks like a great time. Keep the posts coming when you have a chance.

Comment

You bet, we'll see how the wind is tomorrow, it's been pretty brisk and in the 90's as well. Still, we are having a great time. Time to start planning for next year guys and gals, mark it on you calendar. We're talking about coming again and it's a three day drive.

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

Ever wonder ,"How do they do those videos?"
                                      Well, here's Pilot Ryan filming Captain Mike and there's the rig, check it out.
                                      We just nicely got back to the hotel room and are relaxing.
                                      Captain Mike maidened My Little Gal for me and she flew great, thank God.
                                      Everything was pretty well over by 1300, and we had a lot of disassembling to do, so we called it a day. Mike and Ryan were still shooting video, so be prepared for a lot of great new stuff from them.Got some great shots today as well, will get them all sorted out and posted when we get home, hopefully we can get there in two days, we'll see.

at NEFI
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

Well now I see why they always apologize to each other for going too high above themselves. ;)
                                        Lauren

Comment

Gman,
                                          Left AMA Headquarter fields yesterday at 1pm after doing the museum. The NEFI was great and I will be back next year as long I wake up on the top side of the dirt. The winds were not as favorable as I would have liked but after reviewing my flight log I still got in 34 sorties.
                                          Getting to meet our Squawk celebrity pilots Ryan and Capt Mike was cool. Even better was flying my SeaFury in formation Ryan's Spitfire. Two other Squawk members showed up for the event and it was great to meet Lon and Ben. It was also great to watch Ryan and Lon fly their 38's in formation. I was saddened to leave but after almost 12 hrs on the road back to upstate NY I got home at 12:45am but was so damned beat from the three 18 hr days in 90+ degree temps that all the unpacking of 15 birds and clothes is happening today. I will be looking for a replacement to the beast(Skyraider) later today also. Speaking of that loss, I am now officially proclaiming that area of the crash site as the NEFI Triangle since Ben put one in as well as 2 other pilots exactly in the same spot. Capt Mike got to witness the total destruction as my observer and then we both got to hijack a NEFI golf cart(with custom mag wheels) to go fetch the remains. Both Mike and I agree it was a mechanical failure but may never figure it out exactly because of the massive damage. The bright spot about it was I didn't have to shoe horn so tightly on repacking the trailer. So I know you are hoping to make it back to Wy in two days and then a day or two to process the pics so hopefully by this Fri we can see the plethora of activities taken by Diane.
                                          Just want to say thanx to all of ya for being part of my memories of my first visit to AMA HQ for the NEFI.
                                          Best regards,
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X