X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion changes carrier

I have been buying from Motion for years and always had SPEEDY delivery by UPS of Fedex (not always sure which). My last 3 orders have been EXTREMELY slow in coming and I noticed they are using DHL now for all my latest deliveries. The time frame is up to 3 times longer for delivery and NO I can't blame it on the virus because all other thing I order have not slowed down. I hope they reconsider this business model as sometimes you need to get it quickly .

Just curious. Were your latest orders planes? I just received my OV-10 last week by FedEx. It took about a week from the day I ordered it. I’m not a fan of DHL either.

Comment

My recent orders have also been shipped via DHL and appears to be handed off to USPS after that. It does appear to be taking longer to arrive. These weren't aircraft that were ordered though, rather various accessories. These deliveries have been a bit slower to arrive.

When I order another aircraft, I'll have to see which shipping company is used by default. However, for aicraft orders I usually spend the extra $10 for FedEx shipping option that is offered, since the estimated date of arrival is sooner than the default shipping. Sometimes FedEx delivers it on a Saturday and that's also nice.

Comment

First time I've had to wait so long for an order from MRC. And the email says that DHL is the carrier. I bought a plane from another company the same time that I placed this order with MRC. I received the plane with free shipping within 3 days but still waiting on MRC

Comment

I hate DHL with a passion, at work and for home delivery. Out of the big carriers, the worst run by far.

Unfortunately, I placed and order and didn't know there was a change, or I'd have paid extra to avoid DHL.

I suppose you can't expect much for "free" shipping, but moving forward I'll pay the extra and get decent service. It will probably reduce my small orders from MRC, but I'll try to bundle them into larger orders. Fortunately, I can get most the ancillary stuff off Amazon shipped fast and "free" with Prime.

Comment

Didn't know you could avoid DHL by paying extra. Will definitely do that from now on cause I was already to give up on MRC. Over a week and still waiting. Tracking is now saying that USPS is waiting for DHL to give them the package.

Comment

Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
              I have been buying from Motion for years and always had SPEEDY delivery by UPS of Fedex (not always sure which). My last 3 orders have been EXTREMELY slow in coming and I noticed they are using DHL now for all my latest deliveries. The time frame is up to 3 times longer for delivery and NO I can't blame it on the virus because all other thing I order have not slowed down. I hope they reconsider this business model as sometimes you need to get it quickly .
              im not asooky la la cant b here.... aus but i ordered 1600 f4u wings with the cheaper shipping option ....2 weeks not 1 like fedex ,,,its cheaper!!!! now they they tell me its packed and needs to be shipped fed ex at 100 bucks more than the original fedex cost???? go figure.... !!!!! i like fed ex oh well

Comment

Nothing in life is "free" . Shipping has gone through the roof. It is what it is.

Mike
                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

i agree just telling my story,..... happy fouth july

Comment

We pay for the shipping in the price, go to RCCastle and look at the price there and then shipping cost and you will see it will equal out, we just get it faster. Nothing in life is free.

Edit; I have to recant my statement, RCCastle now charges the same
                    AMA 424553

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
                      We pay for the shipping in the price, go to RCCastle and look at the price there and then shipping cost and you will see it will equal out, we just get it faster. Nothing in life is free.

Oh well.

Happy 4th.

Mike
                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

Interesting side discussion. I recently received a small order from RC Castle. I picked EMS and paid extra for it because the less pricey method could take 45 to 60 days. In fact, I had 2 previous similar sized ordered from them that I'm still waiting for. It's been nearly 2 months and the tracking stopped many weeks ago.
                        The one by EMS was actually done through "Aramex". Yup, if you guessed that's a United Arab Emerites company, you were right. That package went directly to UAE, then to Germany, then to Kentucky, then to near the Great Lakes, then to Winnipeg before getting to me in Calgary. Yet, it got to me in about 1.5 weeks. The shipment was handed over to UPS in Germany. Super weird and I'm still wondering if brokerage fees are about to show up. They had to broker it twice.
                        The same shipping method is stated for an airplane (EMS). Now I'm curious what that's going to go through if I bought one. The cheaper way is still 45 - 60 days.

Comment

One thing is was reading about was the supposed halt of all EMS shipping from China, at least to the US, but possible other countries as well and may be worth checking into for Canada bound orders. Evidently, EMS travels by commercial airlines, which were ceased. Some people on another forum ordered custom jets coming from China and they couldn't get them via EMS shipping, so they were looking into alternatives like via boat, etc. Definitely validate this though as it was just some information I ran across and I'll not sure how accurate it is since I haven't looked into it further.

Comment

On all of the home page announcements about shipping to certain countries "opening up", Canada is never included in any of their lists. He may simply lump us in with USA.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              On all of the home page announcements about shipping to certain countries "opening up", Canada is never included in any of their lists. He may simply lump us in with USA.
                              Canada? Where’s that?

Comment

Follow Bugs Bunny when he turns right at Albuquerque, then keep going till you see igloos.

Comment

a large amount of sites ship to us and canada only!!!! bundled together geographicly im sure..... least ya not on the bottom and upside down and too far away happy 4th

Comment

OK. I was going to follow Bob and Doug but I'll be sure to wear my toque to the Great White North!

Comment

We started using 3 different DHL shipping methods in order to avoid the USPS. In our area, all our USPS packages go through what we call the "Elk Grove Black Hole". Unfortunately the USPS Elk Grove sorting facility near Motion RC has never heard of "First in, First out". They have been extremely slow with some, but not all, packages. At last once per week, all the packages we ship that day get stuck in the USPS Elk Grove sorting facility for weeks. This has been happening on and off for years but now it happens once per week. USPS packages are taking 2 weeks to leave the Elk Grove sorting facility and 3 weeks to get to customers. We were spending extra to ship via priority mail but it did not help, USPS delivery remained 3 weeks for "2-3 day" Priority mail packages. We complained to everyone and anyone who would listen at the USPS but nobody seemed to care and the problem continued to get worse. We had to reship the same packages and provide refunds to customers only to have the original package show up at the customers house 3 weeks later. When it got to the point this was happening to about 15% - 20% of all the packages we ship via USPS, we had to stop using USPS. We make a huge effort to ship your orders quickly only to have the postal service sit on the packages for 2 weeks in Elk Grove. If you received your USPS package in a reasonable amount of time, you were one of the lucky ones. We're still tweaking the DHL service. The fastest DHL service is called "expedited plus". We put this on our website for a small upgrade charge depending in the size of the package. Since the postal service does not currently work in our location we switched to DHL but we're open to other services if any of you can suggest alternatives. Thanks for your patience everyone. Please keep the feedback coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                        We started using 3 different DHL shipping methods in order to avoid the USPS. In our area, all our USPS packages go through what we call the "Elk Grove Black Hole". Unfortunately the USPS Elk Grove sorting facility near Motion RC has never heard of "First in, First out". They have been extremely slow with some, but not all, packages. At last once per week, all the packages we ship that day get stuck in the USPS Elk Grove sorting facility for weeks. This has been happening on and off for years but now it happens once per week. USPS packages are taking 2 weeks to leave the Elk Grove sorting facility and 3 weeks to get to customers. We were spending extra to ship via priority mail but it did not help, USPS delivery remained 3 weeks for "2-3 day" Priority mail packages. We complained to everyone and anyone who would listen at the USPS but nobody seemed to care and the problem continued to get worse. We had to reship the same packages and provide refunds to customers only to have the original package show up at the customers house 3 weeks later. When it got to the point this was happening to about 15% - 20% of all the packages we ship via USPS, we had to stop using USPS. We make a huge effort to ship your orders quickly only to have the postal service sit on the packages for 2 weeks in Elk Grove. If you received your USPS package in a reasonable amount of time, you were one of the lucky ones. We're still tweaking the DHL service. The fastest DHL service is called "expedited plus". We put this on our website for a small upgrade charge depending in the size of the package. Since the postal service does not currently work in our location we switched to DHL but we're open to other services if any of you can suggest alternatives. Thanks for your patience everyone. Please keep the feedback coming.
                                        Thanks for the update and for the hard work on the matter, Tom.

Comment

Working...
                                        X