You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motion shipping getting slow or is it just me.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the time of Covid 19, what it used to take to ship all that stuff bought from Motion, goes out the window. Blame is grossly misplaced.

PS. I just ordered some small items from Motion late last night. Scheduled delivery is Monday. Yes, I paid for the faster delivery, but if it doesn't arrive till Tuesday or Wed or Thurs, I'm not busting anybody's chops over it, especially Motion. I won't even blame FedEx. They've got CV19 protocols, too. I wish there was someone or something I can blame. It would be a lot easier. Maybe I can blame the virus or the bats and the snakes who carry it or the people who ate them but I don't think they're listening.
    PPS. The shipping actually cost more than the item itself, so I added a couple other things to the box to get just a little more value out of it. One of the items was a replacement part that was defective on the new plane I just got. I couldn't be bother to make a claim and state my case to get a free warranty replacement. It was faster and easier to just buy it. This is a very expensive hobby, both in time and money. Trying to save a day or a buck is a needless mental process.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
      In the time of Covid 19, what it used to take to ship all that stuff bought from Motion, goes out the window. Blame is grossly misplaced.

PS. I just ordered some small items from Motion late last night. Scheduled delivery is Monday. Yes, I paid for the faster delivery, but if it doesn't arrive till Tuesday or Wed or Thurs, I'm not busting anybody's chops over it, especially Motion. I won't even blame FedEx. They've got CV19 protocols, too. I wish there was someone or something I can blame. It would be a lot easier. Maybe I can blame the virus or the bats and the snakes who carry it or the people who ate them but I don't think they're listening.
      PPS. The shipping actually cost more than the item itself, so I added a couple other things to the box to get just a little more value out of it. One of the items was a replacement part that was defective on the new plane I just got. I couldn't be bother to make a claim and state my case to get a free warranty replacement. It was faster and easier to just buy it. This is a very expensive hobby, both in time and money. Trying to save a day or a buck is a needless mental process.
      Well said!
      I've had to wait nearly nine months for an item I needed to complete a project (not from MRC) and I had no problems with it because the vender kept me updated the whole time and then overnighted it to me as thanks for being patient.
      Best regards,
      Cris B.
      AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
      NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

Like in the movie, Lethal Weapon. Whatever you do, don't use FREE SHIPPING! You know why? Huh, you know why? Cause they F@#! YOU!!! WITH FREE SHIPPING!!! THAT'S WHY!!!
        I bought some things from MRC on Friday. They qualified for free shipping, but I chose FedEx for $10 extra. I got it today, Sunday.
        Thank you, MRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideslip View Post

I guess I expected it on Wednesday. I paid a couple of bucks extra for expedited shipping. You say you shipped it on Monday. I say someone at your end typed up a label on Monday and it didn't leave your warehouse until Tuesday. You asked for suggestions. If I pay extra, it should get priority. It should ship on Monday...not Tuesday. Get someone to prep the package and get it out the door on the same day. Then I would have received it on Wednesday, 24 hours sooner.

Funny thing is, I came here to the forums today to look up info on a EDF, and while I'm hear I found this. Tom I've been in the logistics business before. You know you could do better. Why you don't is up to you, but it is costing you sales. I'll look elsewhere for my next project.

Bert
          Bert, thank you for all your business. Bert is a good customer and I'm all for admitting if we make a mistake but in this case we did not make a mistake and now I feel the need to defend Motion RC. Bert, we never print up a shipping label until a package ships. This is the very last thing we do after the order has been boxed and sealed. If a shipping label is printed, the package ships.

Attached is the tracking from the day we shipped your package. You can see it was already moving on Monday August 3rd. Notice on Monday August 3rd where it says "En route to DHL ecommerce" and "package received at DHL Ecommecrce distribution center". DHL picked up the package from Motion RC on Monday August 3rd. You are accusing Motion RC of waiting one day to send your package when we did no such thing.
          Attached Files

Comment

@57, hope you can help.

Order No. 495677
            July 18, 2020

Comment

Wow, see what you guys mean about slow shipping and this has nothing to do with MRC, they shipped my pkges out and now they are just sitting in a corner I guess, one was shipped the Nov. 7 the and one the 13th and neither one is even made it yet, the early one I ordered is still in IL. and the one I ordered later is stuck in Union City CA and not moving, strange things going on.

Comment

I know it's an old thread but Motion should stop using DHL. Ordered items at 9:30am on Friday the 8th. They printed a shipping label and emailed me it shipped on Monday, 11th evening, the 11th but it appears from tracking it didn't actually leave Motion until Tuesday, 12th afternoon. Tracking showed it got to Raleigh NC on the 13th, last Wednesday, but nothing since then. DHL handing off to USPS is just a horrible way to go.

Maybe today...

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                  I know it's an old thread but Motion should stop using DHL. Ordered items at 9:30am on Friday the 8th. They printed a shipping label and emailed me it shipped on Monday, 11th evening, the 11th but it appears from tracking it didn't actually leave Motion until Tuesday, 12th afternoon. Tracking showed it got to Raleigh NC on the 13th, last Wednesday, but nothing since then. DHL handing off to USPS is just a horrible way to go.

Maybe today...
                  I live in Chicago, and used to get next-day delivery from Motion if I ordered early in the day.

Since they changed their shipping process it's typically 4 or 5 days.

Comment

I still haven't received my order placed on the morning of Dec 8th. Nothing on tracking since it went from the 3rd party DHL to, supposedly, USPS on the 13th. USPS says they never got it. A ticket put into Motion hasn't been answered. The only bright side is what I ordered isn't critical to me flying something.

Yeah, getting it in two days used to be normal.

Comment

Update, Motion finally answered my ticket that my order had been shipped. Yeah I knew that and said that in my ticket post. After more requests and phone calls I got another answer that they would resend the order but one item was out of stock and they wouldn't ship for 2 more weeks, another probably week for shipping really meant 3 weeks. I responded via the ticket and phone calls (to message) that that was not acceptable and ship what they could and credit the out of stock item. They made an order yesterday but it still shows unfulfilled and not shipped.

The original order still shows USPS waiting to get it and an expected delivery date of December 15th.

Comment

Working...
                      X