X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MotionRC is VQ's US distributor?

I see Motion is carrying a subset of planes from VQ models. But VQ's webpage only lists one distributor for US, and that is MotionRC. So ...what about other VQ legacy planes? I bought that 110" B24 last year, and need a new right wing. Is it possible to buy this through MotionRC somehow? I have not been successful procuring it through Legend nor VQ directly (yet).

Can I fly my B-24 with only one wing and call it a B-25? I don't think so.

Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
    Can I fly my B-24 with only one wing and call it a B-25? I don't think so.
    I can't comment on the Motion distribution and parts supply line as this is something only they can respond to. But sure, you can fly the B-25 with one wing. Turn it into a U-control plane and fly in circles.

Comment

Sorry for the slow response. I just saw this now. Ideally, I want to carry most of their planes. The reality is that they are a small factory and balsa wood is in very short supply. You will see our selection of planes increasing slowly. The goal is to continue to restock the planes on our website while adding new ones. How long this takes is going to be highly dependent on the wood supply, production capacity, and customer demand. We're seeing prices for balsa skyrocket. Even with these high prices, it is difficult to procure more balsa to make more planes and it is having an impact on production. Unfortunately, the raw material price is seriously affecting our purchase price and we're going to be forced to pass that along as new planes arrive. I know, I'm full of good news 🙄

Comment

Tom just let me say I think its great you guys are now jumping head first into Balsa.....us old school guys have a new outlet to get it and its very welcomed.....can you custom order from them? I would love to see the Black Horse Mig in my hanger.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
          ...Ideally, I want to carry most of their planes. ..
          Thanks for the response. With the ARF, retracts, motors, servos, receiver, ESCs...I am already into this several thousand dollars, so I don't think I'm going to worry about the cost of wood. I had contacted Vinh back in the fall, and he said he had a right wing there, and the price is not high, but shipping it directly from there by itself would cost almost half the cost of the whole ARF. Since I'm not in a hurry anyway (I am never lacking for unfinished airplanes), I thought I'd wait for Motion to import it.

Comment

We do have the Black Horse B-24 on order in the green color along with all the spare parts. However, we do not have the silver B-24 and spare parts on order. Which color do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by BikerPatriot View Post
              Tom just let me say I think its great you guys are now jumping head first into Balsa.....us old school guys have a new outlet to get it and its very welcomed.....can you custom order from them? I would love to see the Black Horse Mig in my hanger.
              We don't have the Mig on order now but I would like to order the Mig for the future. I would like to stock that plane with all the spare parts. Black Horse is a bunch of perfectionist craftsman and they want every plane to be perfect for the USA. If they feel something is not yet 100% perfected, they direct me toward a different model until they feel it is perfected. I don't have the Mig on official order yet so I don't have any ETA. Unfortunately, I suspect it would not be this year.

Comment

We do have the Black Horse B-24 on order in the green color along with all the spare parts. However, we do not have the silver B-24 and spare parts on order. Which color do you have?
                I have the green one. But it is the VQ version (110" span) - is that same as Black Horse or different?

Comment

I have the green one. But it is the VQ version (110" span) - is that same as Black Horse or different?
                  Sorry to confuse you. I misspoke. I meant we have the Nexa Green B-24 on order which is the same as your green VQ B-24. Parts are on order too. The order has not shipped yet but I would think it should ship fairly soon. I have multiple right wings on order so you should be good to go once it arrives.

Comment

Sorry to confuse you. I misspoke. I meant we have the Nexa Green B-24 on order which is the same as your green VQ B-24. Parts are on order too. The order has not shipped yet but I would think it should ship fairly soon. I have multiple right wings on order so you should be good to go once it arrives.
                    Now thats good news....I tried to get one from the old vendor and they were sold out

Comment

I added 2 more green B-24 wing sets to the order just to be sure we have enough

Comment

I added 2 more green B-24 wing sets to the order just to be sure we have enough
                        Thanks! Will these show up on the website eventually for pre-order?

Comment

I don't think we will have them for pre-order but they will be on the site soon. I imagine it should be shipping soon. Freight is normally 30 days from the factory but lately has been running 60. We try to get things on the site as soon as they ship. At that point it will show "out of stock" until it arrives. I already had a few wing sets on the order (before I added more) so we should have plenty of stock.

Comment

I don't think we will have them for pre-order but they will be on the site soon.
                            I still don't see those on the site, unless I am missing something. Is this just the normal abnormal world we are living in, or is there some change (or did I miss it)? Seems like every supply chain in the world is still struggling to restart the engine.

Comment

Everything is SUPER slow. Last year (and all the years before this), it took about 3 weeks to transport a shipment from the factory to Motion RC. It now takes 3 months and costs 500% more to get it here. The shortage of balsa is also making things slow. Pretty much everything is 10x slower than any of us want it in this new world.

Comment

Everything is SUPER slow. Last year (and all the years before this), it took about 3 weeks to transport a shipment from the factory to Motion RC. It now takes 3 months and costs 500% more to get it here. The shortage of balsa is also making things slow. Pretty much everything is 10x slower than any of us want it in this new world.
                                Thanks, I just wanted to check if it was the normal stuff or some change in plans, so I would know to initiate some other workaround. Yes, understood, 10x delay is normal now, I'll just wait.

Comment

Well, 2 more years have passed, this kit is still sitting in a closet (I've been busy with work and other kits, you know how it goes). Anyway, I was reminded of this model so I thought I would check in again if there is any possibility of buying a replacement wing. It is feasible to repair the wing I have. But being lazy, I would buy one instead, if it is available.

Comment

Well, 2 more years have passed, this kit is still sitting in a closet (I've been busy with work and other kits, you know how it goes). Anyway, I was reminded of this model so I thought I would check in again if there is any possibility of buying a replacement wing. It is feasible to repair the wing I have. But being lazy, I would buy one instead, if it is available.
                                    Is this what you are looking for? If so, it came in stock three weeks ago and there are two left.

Comment

Originally posted by jbaartz View Post

Is this what you are looking for? If so, it came in stock three weeks ago and there are two left.
                                      Indeed that is exactly it, I don't know why I didn't find it. Thanks so much, I ordered one.

Comment

Working...
                                      X