X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
    The cells look like garbage too. Super apparent. The t28 gets a pass becasue its mostly white. But the bearcat looks like crap and so does the mustang. It was funny how Rich was praising the decal applications on the p51 and there where bubbles and overlaps everywhere. I think he gets all his review models free so he rarely has anything to say that is negative. I like guys like HemiStorm who pay for everything they review out of pocket so you know he is going to shoot straight from the hip and not sugar coat anything.
    I have one of the new Eleven Hobby P-51's and I can comment that the Eleven Hobby P-51 does not have large ugly cells, in fact the Eleven Hobby plane foam appears to have a nicer finish than either my FMS 1450 P-51 or my Freewing P-51. Also the quality of the finish of the paint is better than the FMS P-51 and equal to the Freewing P-51. Decals are fine. I guess my Eleven Hobby plane must not be the same as those you are comparing to. Sure have been lots of good comments by other flyers on the Eleven Hobby Bearcat as well, seems as though their planes are also not like those that you are comparing to as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
      I,m with Bryan, like buying a car with no service station, one bad anything and you're walking.

As for Rich, he's an outstanding pilot, when I watch his videos, I'm left out standing in the dark as far as outstanding skill on the sticks goes.
      He's in that class of pilots we all aspire to, the ones that if you bolted a motor and prop on a brick, it would fly....outstanding... he's like Ryan and Mike.....well.....outstanding!!!!

Grossman56
      Eleven Hobby spokesperson for Bang Good indicated on the RC Groups site that they would be carrying parts for the Eleven Hobby planes, to date they now have a complete parts listing for their first plane the T-28. If they follow thought parts will be available for their other planes as well.

I will buy one of their T-28's soon, now that I know the parts are also available. I prefer the 1100 size, as much as I would like a FMS 1450 T-28 I just find planes of that size too large for me to cart around.

Comment

I hear you Don. Its one of those "each to their own" thing. I find that the 1400mm are better suited to fly here in windy Wyoming, just because they have a little more authority. Actually its not so much the wind as the gusts and they can be severe on occasion.
        Having said that, I do have a couple of 'smaller' planes like the RocHobby Waco and the E Flite Spitfire. which in a moderate breeze are okay as they seem to have enough power to pull through.
        I'm lucky in that I can get one or two 1400mm planes to the field as well as the wife's Apprentice in one shot. It's just curious that this company comes up with a legitimate (non Rare Bear with no L/G) Bearcat just before FlightLine's comes out. Not that there's anything funny going on, just interesting.
        If it turns out to be a great company with outstanding customer service, all the better for everyone. We need more companies like Motion R/C to put the bigger boys in their place for as far a service goes.
        Personally, IF ( they follow through parts will be available...) Bang Good does stock all spare parts, great, but if I buy an airplane, say the Bearcat, what do I do until such time as they start stocking parts? Just went through a three month wait, through flying season, for FMS and HH to get their you-know-what together to get a spinner for the P 40. I find that frustrating.
        We all know the feeling of having something sit because of some minor part, so, to me, my best bet, at this point in time, is to go with FlightLine, when I know Motion will have a complete set of spare parts available at a reasonable price as they are exclusive to FlightLine. Down the line, if Eleven Hobby is stocking spare parts through Bang Good and I hear that they are great people to deal with, the quality is great and the prices are fair, then it would definitely be a company I would consider doing business with.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

Down the line, if Eleven Hobby is stocking spare parts through Bang Good and I hear that they are great people to deal with, the quality is great and the prices are fair, then it would definitely be a company I would consider doing business with.

Grossman56
          Hello Dan,
          To hear and to actually experience are two different animals in the customer service arena of satisfaction. As you and I and hundreds others have come to know that Motion has earned the level of respect that as far as I'm concerned is the best in the industry, BangGood has not established that reputation. As a matter of fact, I had a negative experience with them earlier this year which left a bad taste in my mouth for them. As a retired purchasing manager, a company that has incorrect information posted about a product and does nothing to correct it when I contacted them after receiving the defective(not as described) product on it is just wrong and further more is just practicing a deceptive business practice. The fair pricing they give is quickly eroded by the frustration, delays and the added expense to make the particular situation acceptable.
          Lessoned learned for me was that my proverbial thriftiness that I use some of the time in this hobby in order to make the affordability stretch the retirement funds was not worth it in this case by not standing with the gold bearer of customer satisfaction(Motion) on this particular component purchase. Just a thought to ponder.
          Best regards,
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Exactly Charlie, notice the "If" in my comment. To date, I know nothing of this company other than what you have just stated, now I would be leery doing business with them. Thanks for the tip. I stick with people I know.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

DonRhone I hope you have no problems or issues ! As you and I have experienced things can n will happen . The frustration and time spent dealing with a Co. That doesn't handle one type of product but covers the Spektrum of A-Z of products can never offer the service that is needed . How many parts will they be willing to carry ? Just things to think about . I hope you the best

Bryan
              But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie 64 View Post
                DonRhone I hope you have no problems or issues ! As you and I have experienced things can n will happen . The frustration and time spent dealing with a Co. That doesn't handle one type of product but covers the Spektrum of A-Z of products can never offer the service that is needed . How many parts will they be willing to carry ? Just things to think about . I hope you the best

Bryan
                I have had problems with items from Bang Good and my problems were resolved. Unfortunately Bang Good being in China does take longer for parts to arrive. I know that the level of service will never match that of Motion RC. I can only hope now that they seem to have one person to contact with the RC Eleven Hobby line of planes that will speed up their customer service waits,

FYI I am at a loss as to why FMS would decide to release a 1100 series of planes and not include Motion RC in their vendor listings. When the Eleven Hobby planes were first released I was happy to hear that there was another player in the game. I can only speculate as to why FMS would only use Bang Good as their vendor. I have even contacted FMS to try to understand why there is a series of planes that is orphan to the FMS line of planes. I see now that FMS does have some 1100 planes coming in the FMS line, why the off shoot I do not understand the logic.

Comment

Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                  The cells look like garbage too. Super apparent. The t28 gets a pass becasue its mostly white. But the bearcat looks like crap and so does the mustang. It was funny how Rich was praising the decal applications on the p51 and there where bubbles and overlaps everywhere. I think he gets all his review models free so he rarely has anything to say that is negative. I like guys like HemiStorm who pay for everything they review out of pocket so you know he is going to shoot straight from the hip and not sugar coat anything.
                  My P-51 looks good as well as the T-28. I repainted my T-28 cause was tired of the same color found on all T-28s made. The P-51 flies better then the Durafly version. Im happy with both of them

Comment

Don, their ways are strange, I'm not sure whats going on with FMS any more. Not being privy to any more information than the rest of us here, I was anticipating a price increase, now there has been a price decrease. That could be just because Motion is trying to move out old stock. The three best warbirds I have are all FMS and they really fly well, but I'd said goodbye to FMS when I heard of the insane price increase. Still, I have to say that if you're looking at a P51D, P51B or the P40B in 1400mm, this might be the time. BBD is now down to slightly more than mine was when I bought her three years ago?
                    A pretty good deal and definitely a great deal on the P40, which is cheaper than the release price and its such a cool bird.

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Bang Good reports that they now have spare parts listed and available for the Eleven Hobby Bearcat

Comment

I have the eleven hobby Bearcat and it is by far one of the best flying warbirds I have ever owned!! Especially when you think about it being made from foam and flying on 3s... great little bird!!

Here is my playlist with the review and some more flying...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                          I have the eleven hobby Bearcat and it is by far one of the best flying warbirds I have ever owned!! Especially when you think about it being made from foam and flying on 3s... great little bird!!

Here is my playlist with the review and some more flying...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...45RuQVKEH1DBTk
                          Same here, I love this plane.
                          TiredIron Aviation
                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Flight looks good Gooniac, what a field to fly from. an old Air Force base?
                            Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Flight looks good Gooniac, what a field to fly from. an old Air Force base?
                              Grossman56
                              Pretty sure Ray shot those flights out at Crows Landing

Comment

Very nice field! We had that advantage in Cowley before we had to give up on the field, you could easily do your circuits and still be over the runway, and it was about three football fields long, so approaches were great, never worried about running out of runway.

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                X