X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing F-4 drag chute

I have an extra red white and blue drag chute for sale for the Freewing F-4 Phantom. You can find more info about them in the drag chute mod thread.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	6584747D-7848-48E8-BE88-FC4EEB8ED53F.jpeg
Views:	424
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	137217Click image for larger version

Name:	4A275ED3-4796-421C-907C-AF35805AF948.jpeg
Views:	466
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	137214Click image for larger version

Name:	1266F7A1-092D-4CAE-B682-71481716F36E.jpeg
Views:	327
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	137215Click image for larger version

Name:	C1F35975-DB35-42A3-84D4-A1B3C8EADE24.jpeg
Views:	324
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	137216

Hello there again. Are you and the RC Dude still offering the Freewing F-4 drag chute parts for the modification?
    I previously decided against adding it to my "second hand" 6S version but have just purchased a new 8S model from Motion RC in South East Asian Camo colour scheme and would like to modify it to include one of your beautiful yellow drag chutes! Ideally I would like to purchase the Chute from you and a kit of parts for the modification from RC Jet Dude if possible?? Looking forward to hearing from you guys!
    All the best from Steve based in Kent, UK. (I also have the Freewing F14 and Freewing MIG29 in my collection)

Comment

Originally posted by FAREASTRADER View Post
      Hello there again. Are you and the RC Dude still offering the Freewing F-4 drag chute parts for the modification?
      I previously decided against adding it to my "second hand" 6S version but have just purchased a new 8S model from Motion RC in South East Asian Camo colour scheme and would like to modify it to include one of your beautiful yellow drag chutes! Ideally I would like to purchase the Chute from you and a kit of parts for the modification from RC Jet Dude if possible?? Looking forward to hearing from you guys!
      All the best from Steve based in Kent, UK. (I also have the Freewing F14 and Freewing MIG29 in my collection)
      FS, Welcome to Hobby Squawk, though I see you've been a member for some time. I have attached a link to RC Groups with reference to the Drogue Chute modification to the Phreewing Phantom. I do not how current the links are or if parts are still be offered for sale. I would 'Private Message' Helmsman52 and RCjetdude and then hope for a response. It is a great mod. As I recall the actual Drogue Chute was also available for sale from 3rd party business. You will need to go back through the posts in this forum unfortunately, but if you click the filter above right and choose photos, that will narrow down the search. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thank you for your kind help! I previously had contact by email with RC Jet Dude and so have been able to make contact again, however he is not making the kits of parts anymore. He also did not have contact details for Paul (@Helmsman52) as had not had contact for some time. I can probably make the chute myself from the information in the original thread but I am having trouble identifying the corrrect materials. Are you able to help with this? Thanks Steve

Comment

Long shot but does anyone have a second hand Freewing F4 Phantom drag chute for sale? (Yellow for SEA Camo). I have been unable to contact Paul (@Helmsman52) who previously offered these for sale.

Comment

We have manufactured and sold the best quality parachutes for rocketry and weather balloons since 1969 they are used by the military, aerospace and universities

Originally posted by FAREASTRADER View Post
            Long shot but does anyone have a second hand Freewing F4 Phantom drag chute for sale? (Yellow for SEA Camo). I have been unable to contact Paul (@Helmsman52) who previously offered these for sale.
            FS, figured this quest might be tougher than a couple years ago. Check the link above for supplies As I recall when guys were doing this mod, One or two made their own, some others had custom made chutes done. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
            X