X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connecting the 130a esc w/bec to my futaba rx

The manual for the t45 90mm does not tell you exactly how to connect the esc to your rx.I think the wires (2) with the ferret ring go to the aux channel but do i need to disconnect the red wire on the red, white and black wire to the throttle channel or does it plug in with all 3 wires intact since the is no internal bec? I bought on of those bec eliminator cables but I don't think it's necessary if i don't need to pull the red wire on the throttle connection. Also the pdf for the esc has the brake enabled by default; is that correct?
    Any thoughts, or assistance would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Air5

Originally posted by air5 View Post
    The manual for the t45 90mm does not tell you exactly how to connect the esc to your rx.I think the wires (2) with the ferret ring go to the aux channel but do i need to disconnect the red wire on the red, white and black wire to the throttle channel or does it plug in with all 3 wires intact since the is no internal bec? I bought on of those bec eliminator cables but I don't think it's necessary if i don't need to pull the red wire on the throttle connection. Also the pdf for the esc has the brake enabled by default; is that correct?
    Any thoughts, or assistance would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Air5
    I plug the BEC wire into the last AUX port on my Futabas, if you plug in the throttle cable first and the receiver doesn't power on then don't worry about lifting the red wire. BTW...Welcome to Hobby Squawk:Cool:
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

No need to disconnect the red wire from the throttle channel. In the pic of the ESC/BEC spare, you can see that the ESC says 'No BEC' on its label; the ESC may need power on the red wire from the ESC to arm. The BEC appears to have an arming switch, which is why I'm guessing about the arming. For some reason, the ESC looks to have two throttle channel cables.
      https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...-brushless-esc

The other ESC shown as 'out of stock' doesn't have the switch or extra throttle cable, and you can't see the label in the pic, but it may also say 'no BEC'..

Comment

Originally posted by WintrSol View Post
        No need to disconnect the red wire from the throttle channel. In the pic of the ESC/BEC spare, you can see that the ESC says 'No BEC' on its label; the ESC may need power on the red wire from the ESC to arm. The BEC appears to have an arming switch, which is why I'm guessing about the arming. For some reason, the ESC looks to have two throttle channel cables.
        https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...-brushless-esc

The other ESC shown as 'out of stock' doesn't have the switch or extra throttle cable, and you can't see the label in the pic, but it may also say 'no BEC'..
        Some clarification here WintrSol ;)
        The two cables are: The longer is the throttle and the shorter is for a programming card.
        Here's link to it's instruction manual
        The link in red you copied the same link as the in-stock one.
        Here's the link for the Freewing 130A one. If you zoom in on the pic it does say No BEC
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I didn't intend to add a second link, I just wanted to add that comment. When I used the Edit function and started with an Enter after the first link, the forum software wouldn't let me break the link, even though I tried several ways to stop the link,.

Your eyes are better than mine - I couldn't read the tiny label on the 130A ESC.

Comment

Originally posted by WintrSol View Post
            Your eyes are better than mine - I couldn't read the tiny label on the 130A ESC.
            Don't know about being better....... just learned awhile ago from the need to read small print how to blow stuff up(enlarge) LOL
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks to all,
              air5

Comment

Working...
              X