X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 cell batteries for edf

where is a good place to buy 8 cell batteries that some people are using. In there EDF planes to enhance more flight time. Thank you

Actually the best way to do it is series connect two 4s packs together.

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
      Actually the best way to do it is series connect two 4s packs together.
      ;):Cool:
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Is there even such a thing as a single 8-cell LiPo?

Comment

I've never seen one

Comment

When paralleling, match the voltage. Note that the capacities can be different and it will work. The wires used for paralleling will balance the pack voltages with each other. (just like parallel charging)

When putting in series, match the capacity. You can put 2S + 3S + 4S in series and its fine if the capacities match.

Best to match the C rating in all cases.

Note that MotionRC sells series adapters for EC5 and parallel for T connector. They DO NOT DO THE SAME THING!

EC5 2 to 1 Series Adapter from BenchCraft - BCT5061-029 Features: Allows you to connect two batteries to one ESC in series. This will increase the the voltage available to the ESC and motor but will not increase the capacity. For example, you can connect two 3000 mAh 4 cell batteries to an ESC with this adapter and the

T-Connector Parallel ESC Adapter (1 Source to 2 Loads) from BenchCraft - BCT5061-040 Features: Allows you to connect two electronic speed controls (ESCs) to a single battery. This will not affect the overall voltage or the mAh capacity of the power system. Specifications: Length: 40mm / 4cm Connector Type: Two female T

FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

I also pair 4S lipos in series for 8S as I have several applications that use either 4S and 8S, and I use them in both. My favorites right now are RoaringTop. Great performance and decent price. I get mine from Andy at RCJetWerx.

www.rcjetwerx.com
                Pat

Comment

Comment

Wow.............and we thought that that our 6S packs were heat bricks.LOL
                    Don't imagine that 8S will have any longevity;)
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Sheesh better fly that thing for maybe two minutes of major throttle management with rest in between LOL

Comment

For low current applications, 8S might be OK.

For high current, its a good way to cook the center cells. There's no cooling for the enter cells and n way to get them any cooling even after the flight.

I consider 4S to have marginal cooling and for my 12S models I use 4 X 3S i series. Pull the packs ASAP after flight and spread them out so they can cool off.

Try some IR thermometer checking of packs for 30 min after flying and you won't ever use a 6S single pack again.

Comment

I have never heard of that brand and on ebay no less. Trust would be an issue with me.

Comment

Same here, I've been happy with the packs I been buying from Amazon. They are the floureon packs, and so far been very good.

Comment

Main issue you run into with off-brand is they lie about C rating. I've gotten some of the cheap off-brand and as long as you don;t put them in more than half their rated current demand they work. Definitely not something to use for an EDF, but they'll operate anything with a 10+ min per charge flight duration.

They'd still get hot when they are nearing end of useful charge (that is when LiPos heat up fastest)

Comment

Yeah so far I feel like the floureon packs have been solid in the A10 and the T28

Comment

Hobby star are good packs but expensive, I have a couple of their 8000 6s packs. I have 5 of these 8S packs. Great and good prices. Use them in a 4000w 90mm F-4, 8S Avanti and 8S topflight P-47. 8S packs are usually lighter than two comparable 4s packs in series.

Zippy Flightmax batteries deliver full capacity & discharge as well as being the best value batteries in the market! No matter the application you have in mind, zippy lipoly batteries are an ideal choice.

Comment

Working...
                                  X