X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Did you get the 2 download files located here?

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...ec#support-tab
    I downloaded the USB link ok and it will open. The firmware updater is a .xup and I don't have anything to open it. This computer is Windows 7 pro. I do have a laptop with Windows 10. Maybe that would open it?

Comment

Originally posted by Swing View Post

I downloaded the USB link ok and it will open. The firmware updater is a .xup and I don't have anything to open it. This computer is Windows 7 pro. I do have a laptop with Windows 10. Maybe that would open it?
      Interesting...…….when I dl'd it moments ago it was an .exe labeled "SetupGeckoUsb_Software.exe"
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Interesting...…….when I dl'd it moments ago it was an .exe labeled "SetupGeckoUsb_Software.exe"
        Right, the USB setup software was an .exe and opened, intalled, fine.It was the firmware update for the Gecko that was a zip file .xup. I was able to unzip it but not open the .xup file to install it.

Comment

Right, the USB setup software was an .exe and opened, intalled, fine.It was the firmware update for the Gecko that was a zip file .xup. I was able to unzip it but not open the .xup file to install it.
          Ahhhh………….you meant the update and not the updater.
          Try this link from over on RCG, it is a thread that has instructions for the various firmware updates with links to the downloads from Altitude Hobbies which is where I got mine some 4 yrs ago.
          https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...s#post30402578

Direct to Altitude page...……. https://www.altitudehobbies.com/coll...s/gecko-series

Good luck
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I went to Altitude Hobbies page and when downloaded it is also the .xup file.

Comment

Is it just the Gecko that has the problem? Or do the Mantis and Beetle do it too??

Comment

Just the Gecko. Did you follow the instructions over on the RCG link??
                Warbird Charlie

Comment

Just the Gecko. Did you follow the instructions over on the RCG link??
                  Thanks for the information. I just received an 85A Mantis from Motion. I will try it in one of my planes that have the 85A Gecko. I did follow the link and when I got the file it was the .xup. I have the installer dashboard installed. That was standard .exe file. If you google it there are several programs you can download that will open it however most are not recommended. I asked an IT friend to check and see how I can open it safely. I am not computer savvy so I could be missing something.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I just received an 85A Mantis from Motion. I will try it in one of my planes that have the 85A Gecko. I did follow the link and when I got the file it was the .xup. I have the installer dashboard installed. That was standard .exe file. If you google it there are several programs you can download that will open it however most are not recommended. I asked an IT friend to check and see how I can open it safely. I am not computer savvy so I could be missing something.
                    Funny thing. I had ordered another Gecko from Motion and afterward (reading here) I had wished I ordered a Mantis. (I have a couple smaller ones that work fine) I received a Mantis and looking at my order it was for a Gecko. Lucky accident. I guess they use a crystal ball and knew what I really wanted.

Comment

Just bought 2 of these for a twin and am now having issues. on the bench just starting the motors up. about 2-out of 10 times, one motor will not start, but the other will run. I cant get them both to run until I completely throttle down. Its maddening as Ive tried all kinds of reconfigs with the battery, esc and Receiver to try to eliminate. I did a reset on both using the manual beep method. Maybe I need to adjust the timing? Or maybe just return them.

Comment

Working...
                      X