X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    I’m a big fan of the power hobby packs. 10 of the 5200 and 12 of the 5000’s.
    Evan, are those graphene and or HV packs that you're using? Or the 'standard' packs? 100c range packs? And have you used their 50c packs for anything?

I use HRBs but looking for alternatives. I jnow the HV pavks have produced interesting results but Im not clear on whether new chargers and ESC issues are part of the package when moving to HV? Is the additional money worth the additional minutes....

Comment

They are standard voltage. The 5.2 are 50C and the 5.0 are 100C, not that that is believable.

Here is what I use each in, green means the preferred battery for that plane, not shaded is it's an option-

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	6.1 KB ID:	381866
      Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	2.2 KB ID:	381867

Comment

Thanks Evan, do you have any of their 6000 range packs?

In terms of batteries of any brand, do you use any 6s or 8s at or higher mah's than 6000's or 6200's for 90mm EDFs or larger prop planes?

Comment

Sorry, no. The larger batteries I have are either older Hobbystar 6200 or Socokin 7200. I had/ have/ have for sale Socokin 6200 that I really like and they just put out the 7200. My opinion is the 6.2 and 7.2!are the same cells with another label, exact same size and weight and I don’t think the 7.2 is really giving me 7.2 flight times, maybe a little better than the 6.2 but not 20% more. I have few planes that use the larger batteries regularly. 105mm L-39, B-2, Mig17. I have a number of planes I normally fly on 5.2 that can use the 6.2 or 7.2 like the Avanti for example.

Comment

Thanks, I was debated getting some 7.2s, or 7000s, mostly for 1500/1600 sized warbirds. In a way I like having similar sized packs,,so if the 7200 isn't yielding a lot more time then I'll stick with the 6000's.

Another note on the Socokin, I bought some based on a previous post.I have found the Socokin 6s I have perform a little better than the HRBs. However, I have some 4s that I've ended up abusing when going by similar flight times as the 4s HRBs or even Youme brand. Maybe they were old stock as well. It seems like duration performance waivers a bit and brand makes a bit of difference but is not a sure thing across the board. There's nothing scientific in my testing, other than averaging experiences across numerous flights, but it's what I am seeing. I should buy a new round of Socokin 4s just to be sure but I'm hesitant to use them in an 8s configuration.

Comment

They are 830g, same as the 6.2 and same price so it’s a wash…

Comment

I'll be honest, i've used a few of spektrum's batteries and the punch they produce in my electric boat is noticeably more than smc and other brands. I've been using SMC in my race buggies since 2013 and have never been let down. but these spektrum batteries do seem better.

Comment

Hmmm. 5.3A x 250C = 1325A 60 minutes / 250C = .24 minutes .24 minutes x 60 seconds = 14.4 seconds 1325A for 14.4 seconds using 8 gauge wire. I would like to see a video of that.

Comment

Do it! What are you going to use as a load?

Obviously that 250C you are quoting is unrealistic and you know it. Even a 30C battery could have a issue with the battery wires it could have. A 7Ah battery @ 30C is 210A and I have seen them with 12 gauge wire. Better use some good ol' Deans connectors.

Comment

Yeah, they lie. 6S nominal voltage of 22.2V / 1325A = .017R rounded. So, 4.11 feet of 16 gauge copper wire at room temperature is .017R.

Comment

I have a jump starter with a lead battery, I am guessing 7-10A, that is rated at 425 cranking Amps (1700 peak) for 6 seconds with a 6 minute cool down rest. It has 2 gauge welding cable and large battery clamps.

Comment

I think you are over thinking it and stressing for nothing. Accept it, you know what the reality is.

Comment

Working...
                          X