X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a sign of a faulty cell ?

I’ve got 4 Admiral 4S 4000s which I’ve used regularly for the last 6 months.
    I only use them in my WOT4 and a couple now show 14 % after only about 4-5 mins flying. It’s never 15% or 20% but always the same figure 14% which seems strange.
    They’re not puffy and the resistances are low, just wondering whether it’s time to get rid and why is it always 14% ??

Just wondering whether it’s my Overlander battery checker. When the voltage reaches about 15v, the battery checker jumps from 14% to about 30%

Comment

I don't rely on the percent value of any of the checkers, I look at what the cell values are, 3.7 to 3.8 per cell and that is the value that is most important for storage and that is where I like land my planes so I test till I hit that #

To answer your question, that depends on if you flew longer or used more throttle during the flight.
      AMA 424553

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The checker is showing correct voltage but wrong percentage. At 15 v for a 4S it should say about 27% capacity NOT 14%. At 15v and below it can’t calculate the percentage.

Comment

If you check with a voltmeter what does it say each cell is?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Bee View Post
            Thanks for the reply. The checker is showing correct voltage but wrong percentage. At 15 v for a 4S it should say about 27% capacity NOT 14%. At 15v and below it can’t calculate the percentage.
            That is why I don't pay any attention to % I go with cell voltage.

P.S. I look at IR when charging and make sure that is balanced also.
            AMA 424553

Comment

You're obviously have a bad meter cell checker.

Comment

My capacity cell checker will not read one cell if it is below a certain voltage after a flight giving a 3.9 volts which is incorrect 99% of the time. This is because the meter is only designed for two cell or higher.

Comment

Working...
                X