X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIFE Batteries

I have two new Admiral 210mah LiFe batts and they will not take a charge. The first charge on these batts was 14.95mah and 1460mah I let them rest for 30 minutes and performed a storage charge 97mah and 86mah. after resting for 30 minutes the second charge only put in 126mah and 133mah. I installed one of these batts in my glow powered plane and exercised the 5 servos for 10 minuets. I checked the battery and it showed 91% after charging and after 10 minuets it was showing 61% charged. I dont trust these batteries at all. Anyone have any thoughts?

I don't understand your numbers or process. 14.95 and 1460? Is that right with the decimal point? 1460 into a 210? I don't see a 210 on Motions site... Then you don't discharge, you say let them rest and you are charging again? then rest and charge again? So you put 14.95 + 97 + 126 = 237.95 in one? I think your numbers for #2, 1679mAh total in, may be right for a 2100.

You put it in a plane.. Five servos, what kind of servo's, what surfaces (retracts?) etc? After 10 minutes of use in the plane it shows 61% from a 210mAh LiFe... It could be right. For a 2100 it's not right.

Comment

I meant 2100.

Comment

Okay... And the servos, high power? Mini? Micro?

And the 61% is on a LiFe setting or are you using a LiPo checker? Life drop off from full voltage quickly to a stable usage voltage. Different than a LiPo plus the LiPo and Life are different voltages and a checker translates cell voltage to a percentage.

Comment

The percentage is on the LiFe setting of the checker. The servos are standard Futaba S3003. When I put the LiFe on storage charge after the test on my plane it was on the charger for 3 minutes when the charger showed it was finished with the storage charge. I never had that sort of problem with my lipo batteries.

Comment

Working...
          X