Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing 150 amp ESC issue

Hello guys,

I have the Freewing (hobbywing fun fly 150 a-hv-8s esc) with out a manual.

I need to know what the various wires on the input side do and where they connect into the receiver,

There are two servo leads , one short, the other quite long. I assume that the long one goes to the throtle on the receiver. Short one ?

Red and Black battery wires are obvious. I suspect that the break in the red wire is for spark suppression.

Off of the battery plug are small diameter wires going to a UBEC (input 8v ~ 42v, 3-10 lipo). It has a plug to control output to 5 or 6 v. Should I use 6v? Also has an on/off switch. I assume that the switch is on/off for the whole radio system. The output side has a choked cable with a 2 wire connector.

So whats going on here? Do I plug the 2 pin into an unused receiver port or can it be Y'd in on a regular channel. Van it be Y'd in with the throtle?

Now the other question. Dual fans. Y the throtle cables. Y or use only one of the power cables?

Plane is a TSR-2.

Do you mean "FlyFun"? I don't see a "Fun Fly" in the Hobbywing lineup. Maybe this is what you need:

Whether you need 5 or 6 volts depends on the other components in your system. My two most recent Freewing models, for example, included a warning not to exceed 5.5V

In most RC systems the + and - lines are common to all receiver ports and can also be Y'd, but you don't say what your system is.

I don't know what you mean by "Y or use only one of the power cables?". Can you be more explicit?

You really need to provide more complete information.

Comment

Crickets. . . .

Comment

Not even an acknowledgement.

I won't be responding to any more questions from this guy.

Comment

Working...
        X