First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pro admiral

any new pro admiral batts coming out

Re: pro admiral

Nothing planned but if you have a suggestion, please let us know.

Comment

I was thinking 1600 or 1800 3s for the small edf's

Comment

I'd like to see some of the larger 2 cell Admiral batteries for my RC boat. Something in the 3000+mAH range.
        Thanks!

Comment

1600 to 1800 may be hard. It is possible to get higher C ratings out of larger batteries but much more difficult to get higher C ratings out of smaller batteries. The Admiral 1600 to 1800 may be maxed out already but I will ask the manufacturer. We always want to make sure our C ratings are truthful. Unfortunately many C ratings nothing more than fiction. Some 1300mAh to 1800mAh batteries have 70C on the label. Our manufacturer tells us that is impossible though many of their OEM customers go ahead and ask them to put that on the label. I'll do the math

1800mAh = 1.8Ah
          1.8Ah x 70C = 126A continuous

There is no possible way a 1800mAh pack can sustain 126A without puffing, blowing up, or going bad.

I will ask the manufacturer but I'm fairly certain (based on past conversations with their engineers) 30C to 35C is about the max sustained C rating modern technology can achieve from a 1600 to 1800mAh pack. The bottom line is that a higher C rated pro pack may not be possible in this size and we want the C ratings on Admiral labels to be truthful.

Comment

Thanks tom just another thought how about floats for the sport cub

Comment

Yes, floats on the way. I personally love to fly sea planes so I will make sure to get floats for any planes where they are available. At first I stayed away from the floats for this plane because they are technically for the Supercub and I was not sure how the blue decals on the floats would look with the red plane. I've since seen some pictures and it looks great so we will go ahead and bring in the floats!

Comment

Working...
              X