Roban - World Class Scale Helicopters

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Throttle is Reversed, in more ways than one.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle is Reversed, in more ways than one.

I've been having trouble with a new plane, a Flyzone Calypso. Initially I thought I was having trouble binding it because no matter what I did I kept getting a string rapid beeps after plugging in the battery. Tried all the trouble shooting steps in the instructions and several from other people but nothing worked. This evening I was going through everything again and all of a sudden something different happens that makes me think I'm on to something, just don't know what to do about it.

After another round of nothing working and the beepbeepbeepebeepbeep still going I was looking through the troubleshooting tips for the 100th time when all of a sudden the motor started running, but the throttle (left stick) was all the way down. I moved it up and down with no effect. For some reason I moved the right stick up and the motor stopped, moved the stick down and it ran full out. My Aa Ha moment, I got this one, it's in Mode 1 somehow. Nope, it's in Mode 2.

So my Tx is in Mode 2, but not only is the throttle on the right stick, it's reversed. How the heck to I fix this, My Tx is a Tactic 650.

Re: Throttle is Reversed, in more ways than one.

You've lost me somewhat. In Mode 2, the throttle IS on the left stick.
    Some Tx's now have the mode function placement in the programming - I don't know if your Tactic has this or not but check your manual.

Afa your throttle's backwards operation, this sounds like the servo reverser needs reversing. Try that & see if it works. Only other thing I can think of is your Tx has a gimbal installed on the wrong side & upside down. ?!? Does the one on the right auto-center or stay where you put it? Is this your first use of this Tx? If not, did it work correctly previously?

Finally, the rapid beeping and the motor coming on....
    This sounds like you didn't have your throttle AND throttle TRIM fully zero'd when you plugged in your lipo. At some time you moved the throttle stick and the motor started running - it was in 'Set throttle range' mode - the Calypso ESCs are so programmed; very same thing happened to me with my Calypso.

HTH.

Comment

that is what I can't figure out. The throttle works correctly on my Pandora (on the left stick). I go to the Calypso and everything is backwards with the throttle on the right stick. Full up is off, down is wide open. I check the Tx and it says mode 2.

Why would the throttle be correct on one plane but not the other? And how do I change it?

Comment

Just had an ah ha moment...

Somehow or another the throttle is on the right stick (yes, its in mode 2) and reversed no matter how I set channel 3. Full right stick up is off, full down is wide open. I couldn't figure out why this one was like that when my Pandora worked fine my last flight. Then I began to wonder, was it still working correctly? I pull it up on the Tx menu, pugged it up and it worked fine as supposed to, Then leaving it on the Pandora setting, pugged the battery to the Calypso. Everything works as it should! Throttle on the left stick, moves in the right direction as well as everything else.

Whatever the problem is has to do with the memory slot I was putting the Calypso on. I'm going to delete everything on that memory channel, and copy the Pandora settings over and adjust as needed. Going to see if I can get some time in on the Pandora if the wind isn't too bad then finish up the Calypso tonight.

Comment

If you'd replied you had successfully used the Tx previously and everything worked, that was gonna be my suggestion, to 'clean out' or reset that model memory & start over. After thought, it occurred to me you might be used to the Futaba protocol where throttle is on 'Channel' 3, & I think Tactic uses the standard Spektrum protocol of TAER (down the numbers), ie Throttle on 1, Ails on 2, Elevator on 3 & Rudder on 4. Go by one hooking up the other, & weird things such as you described, happen.
          But anyway, glad to hear you got 'er sorted out. Go fly! ~8)

Comment

RE: Throttle is Reversed, in more ways than one.

I have several Flyzone planes. Too bad their radios are not as good as there planes. I always dump the Tactic reciever and put in a Spektum rx. I use a DX6i and have never had a problem. The Doctor

Comment

Working...
            X