X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Range limits.

Trying to get a handle on exact range measurements, when checking with a number of forums it is evident that the micro flyer planes have a range of around 300'

The range is obvious depended upon both the receiver used and the radio it is bound to. Most of the micro planes in the RTF come with smaller limited range radios as well as receivers.

If you were to bind say a ParkZone micro T-28 to a Spectrum DX6i what would the range be?

I am told that the increase in range is not that large. To get maximum range you want a Receiver like a Spektrum AR610 6-Channel DSMX bound to a DX6i spektrum radio.

What would the max range be for the AR610 bound to a DX6i

Re: Radio Range limits.

Under perfect LOS conditions, around 2 miles. But you're better off knowing it'll disappear from vision before it's out of radio range.

Comment

I have problems with orientation of my gray 1.2m T-28 at much over 500'; I can't imagine flying a micro that far, and not losing it.

Comment

There is a farm house that I know is 1/2 mile from one of my flying sites. For me, my 1400mm Freewing P-51 got very small flying to that landmark. So small, that I have no desire to do that again!!
        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

RE: Radio Range limits.

Originally posted by Lon
          There is a farm house that I know is 1/2 mile from one of my flying sites.  For me, my 1400mm Freewing P-51 got very small flying to that landmark.  So small, that I have no desire to do that again!!
          I did the same with my 55" FMS SkyTrainer - I was a new flier, upper winds caught it, and I fought to get it back. Never again!

Comment

Originally posted by WintrSol
            Originally posted by Lon
            There is a farm house that I know is 1/2 mile from one of my flying sites.  For me, my 1400mm Freewing P-51 got very small flying to that landmark.  So small, that I have no desire to do that again!!
            I did the same with my 55" FMS SkyTrainer - I was a new flier, upper winds caught it, and I fought to get it back. Never again!
            Generally eyesight will be the limiting factor when it comes to Radio range. As stated by previous members.

Comment

I use a DX6i with all my planes, both micro and large. They can all be controlled as far away as I dare. The Doctor

Comment

Working...
              X