X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A3 Super II aileron servos drift in all modes and slowly return to center

Setting up a HobbyEagle A3 Super II for the first time with three position switch for Normal-Off-Auto Balance. Using two aileron servos.

Have placed the plane flat and activate the gyro to solid red light without moving. Then in all modes, after moving the ailerons back and forth the aileron servos drift away from center when sticks are released. Can be off by 3/8" from center after 10 back and forth on the aileron control. If I then let it sit, the servos slowly center in 60 to 90 seconds. Have tried Auto Level calibration and Stick centering. No success. I don't see the same for the elevator or rudder servos. They return to dead center. Any suggestions? Have not flown until I have more confidence.

Are there any electric field noise sources close to the gyro? Like wires from the battery, etc...

Comment

Have you played with the gain for the AIL? I don't have the Super II but if you can adjust the gain for the AIL only, give it a try. Since the Rud and ELE seem to be OK, leave those alone if you can.

Comment

Thanks Gents!

Moved the ESC and battery wiring away from the Super II gyro. No improvement in the drift by the aileron away from center. Turned Aileron gain to 0 and same result. Tried changing servo frequency setting within the gyro and that made the amount of drift even worse....not sure if that tells us anything?

Comment

Have found the problem is not related to the gyro. Removed the gyro and have the same issue. Used another receiver and more of the same. Confused but will keep trying.

Comment

some possible causes:
            Bad connection between servo and RX (that can be a bad crimp in the plug , bad solder joint or bad wire)
            Bad wire or pot inside the servo

Bad wire or pot inside the TX.

Some TXs have a "servo slow" programming that if set wrong can do it.
            Clear model memory. (Should always clear the model memory when setting up a new model even with a brand new TX)

Try different servos/extensions/Y harness on the same RX channel

Try the TX with a different model.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
            X