X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly Sky FS-T6 combo????(trans&rec.)

This combo is on sale.  Are there any drawbacks to this combo?  Am I missing anything by not buying some other trans-rec. ?  Seems all I hear about is "Spectrum this and Spectrum that?  This is a lost cost sytem.....does it have drawbacks like range limitations or interference problems?  Thanx for any imput before   I purchase!!

RE: Fly Sky FS-T6 combo????(trans&rec.)

Hello trying2fly,
    There are old adages out there that have been around for a long time for the simple reason that they are very true.
    Here's one for your question - "You get what you pay for".
    I started of initially with some cheapy Tx/Rx stuff and didn't save anything in the long run due to a loss of a couple birds because of radio issues.
    Since switching to a Spektrum Dx6i and later upgrading to a DX8 when my fleet demanded more channels, I have NEVER had a Tx/Rx problem.
    Everyone has there own hobby budgets to deal with(am retired so definitely am budgeted), but for me it was worth the extra expense to know that if I lost a bird it wasn't because of radio issues.
    Good luck on your decision,
    Warbird Charlie
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I, too am retired. New to hobby. Having lots of fun. I really wanted to be sure the specs of the trans and rec were within reason...comparable to others/ for example I have talked to old timers who say that never could really tell the difference in Futaba, Airtronics, and JR equipment when indeed JR was by far the most expensive. I guess I was hoping for the same here but I certainly don't want to watch my plane fly into Mexico(I live in far far West Texas) thanx

Comment

Have to agree with ya on the more prominent equipment and the pricing, thus the reason for my Spektrum selection over Futaba - PRICING with reliability.
        Your welcome and do stay north of the border. :)
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Did you lose any of your planes or experience any mishaps with one of these Fly Sky radios? I don't want any range limitations(beyond the normal) . Reading the advertisement it seems to me...and I can stand corrected..the way it is written that the 4 channel my have range limitations. I may be getting my wires crossed the way I read it?
          [hr]
          They seemed to be happier with the 6 channel and to a beginner like me..it seems impressive enough....I was just hoping maybe you bought one and knew more about it or at least knew someone who has purchased one. thanx

Comment

No, my cheapie re-entry into the sport was with an HK.
            I don't believe in those "orange" receivers either. 2 people at our club lost stuff because of that.
            I have pointed more new flyers in our club to a Dx6i just because of the inexpensiveness at $125 along with proven reliability and it gives them some room to expand channel wise. It will hold 10 birds in memory too.
            Just some info to ponder.
            Your welcome,
            Warbird Charlie
            Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
            X