X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program Spoileron or Flaperon Settings

Anyone know how to program Spoileron or Flaperon setting in a Tactic 650?

Think I've settled on what my next "big" plane will be and either Spoilerons or Flaperons are needed instead of straight flaps.

RE: Program Spoileron or Flaperon Settings

What type are you looking at . Depending on the wing type there's a setting to aid in it . I've never really looked into it but I remember seeing it in manual .

Bryan 
    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Greetings Bellke,

From the Tactic Web Site:

How do I enable Flaperons?

So that we're all on the "same page", Flaperons are when you have only two ailerons on the wing and no
      other control surfaces, and you want the ailerons to droop like flaps for takeoffs and landings. You don't
      have separate flaps on the wing.

While there isn't a specific function, flaperons are easy to enable.
      First, go into the Model Setup Menu by holding the ENTER button down for a few seconds. Then cursor
      to the WING TYPE functions. There, select the wing type of "2AI1Fl". This tells the transmitter that you
      are going to be having a flap function. Press ESC to exit back to the main screen.

Now, press and release the ENTER button to enter the SETTINGS Menu. Scroll down to the FLAP MIXER
      function. Press ENTER. Cursor down to CTRL and select the desired switch. We chose switch E because
      it was easy to reach and was a 3?position switch.
      Move the switch to the center position to adjust the 1/2?Flaps movement of the ailerons.

In the "Aile" column, the space next to "SP.1:" should be highlighted. Adjust the number to move the ailerons to the
      desired position. Now move the switch to the full flaps down position and make the adjustment so that
      the ailerons are drooped to the "full flaps" position.

In our transmitter, the Aile column had "SP.0:" set to 0%, "SP.1:" set to
      ?25%, and "SP.2:" set to ?50%.

This moved the ailerons the way we needed them to go. You'll need to adjust them as suits your model
      and how you want it to fly.

I hope this helps or at least provides a decent starting point.

Clear Skies

Bill L.
      in Okla.

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie 64
        What type are you looking at . Depending on the wing type there's a setting to aid in it . I've never really looked into it but I remember seeing it in manual .

Bryan 
        Looking at the Multiplex Solius.  I got the Calypso because I was looking for something that would give me more air time without having to carry around a ton of batteries. 1 or 2 batteries and you can have 30-60 min flying vs 5 min a battery on my Pandora.  Nothing against the Pandora, like flying it, just wish I could get more time with it but that's for any powered plane.  The gliders won't be replacements for the powered planes, just supplements.

With the Solius it'll give me one with a little more oomphhhh to handle wind better and aerobatics to some extent.  And I still get the extended flight time of a glider. Kind of the best of both worlds.  Going to repair the Calypso as soon as Motion has parts again, it flies great but is a little light for a moderate breeze.  The day I crashed it I was able to hold it in place with no forward movement at all unless I went full power.  I was able to set it down like a heli that day.  (maybe I should have practiced autorotation instead :cool: ) 

Probably get the ARF of the Solius, take my time putting it together but I wanted to make sure my radio would handle Spoilerons or Flaperons.  There is something about it in the Flap Mixer section but doesn't really spell it out.  The Solius doesn't have flaps so I was hoping someone else has done it and could help me with it.
        [hr]
        Originally posted by Rocketeer
        Greetings Bellke,

From the Tactic Web Site:

How do I enable Flaperons?

So that we're all on the "same page", Flaperons are when you have only two ailerons on the wing and no
        other control surfaces, and you want the ailerons to droop like flaps for takeoffs and landings. You don't
        have separate flaps on the wing.

While there isn't a specific function, flaperons are easy to enable.
        First, go into the Model Setup Menu by holding the ENTER button down for a few seconds. Then cursor
        to the WING TYPE functions. There, select the wing type of "2AI1Fl". This tells the transmitter that you
        are going to be having a flap function. Press ESC to exit back to the main screen.

Now, press and release the ENTER button to enter the SETTINGS Menu. Scroll down to the FLAP MIXER
        function. Press ENTER. Cursor down to CTRL and select the desired switch. We chose switch E because
        it was easy to reach and was a 3?position switch.
        Move the switch to the center position to adjust the 1/2?Flaps movement of the ailerons.

In the "Aile" column, the space next to "SP.1:" should be highlighted. Adjust the number to move the ailerons to the
        desired position. Now move the switch to the full flaps down position and make the adjustment so that
        the ailerons are drooped to the "full flaps" position.

In our transmitter, the Aile column had "SP.0:" set to 0%, "SP.1:" set to
        ?25%, and "SP.2:" set to ?50%.

This moved the ailerons the way we needed them to go. You'll need to adjust them as suits your model
        and how you want it to fly.

I hope this helps or at least provides a decent starting point.

Clear Skies

Bill L.
        in Okla.

Thanks for the quick reply.  Ok, so following the logic for setting up flaperons, if I wanted spoilerons I would set to +25% or +50%, correct? 

The plane I'm looking at recommends spoilerons but a lot of people have opted to use flaperons instead.  I'm thinking of putting one on each of the 3 way switches and seeing with I like better. 

Kent
        in Ohio via Louisiana
        :dodgy:

Comment

Greetings Bellke,

If you prefer spoilerones, just set up your radio like you would for flaperons.
          When setting/assigning your three-way switch, just make the ailerons go up instead of down.
          Voila!!! Spoilerons!!

Clear Skies

Bill L.
          in Okla.

Comment

Working...
          X