X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems setting up DX6i with Admiral RX600SP

I just bought the Admiral RX600SP 6-channel DSMX receiver. I am trying to create the mix shown in the quick start guide with my Spectrum DX6i, however, the mix screens are set up differently between the DX6i and DX6e (shown in guide). Since it is by default bound to the "gear" channel, I can't toggle gyro between "on" & "stability" without cycling gear at the same time. I have so far been able to increase the travel on gear up to 105% which allows gyro to stay in constant "on" position while cycling gear but can't seem to find a way to transfer gyro function to another switch as with the dx6e. Any suggestions? Thanks

If you want the gyro on all the time all you have to do is just bind it, no mix.

Comment

I would like to be able to switch between "on" and "recovery" which is ComboA but can't transfer that control to my "Mix" switch, similar to binding "I" switch to "Ger" as per the quick start guide for this receiver with the DX6e

Comment

We made a video on how to make a two position switch for the hobby eagle gyro on a dx6i. That should help even though it's slightly different it will show you how to play with numerical values of your mixes to get your desired results.

Comment

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

UPDATE: Thanks to your video, I was able to set up the "mix" switch on my DX6i as a two position switch to toggle between modes on the Admiral RX600SP gyro! I thought I'd list the steps for anyone else who is looking at this thread for a solution. I have my gyro in the default Combo A (stability / recovery mode). Here are the steps...
              1. Go to "Travel Adj" on your DX6i menu.
              2. Ensure that "Gear" is at 100% in both up & down positions
              3. Go to "Mix 1" in your menu
              4. Click on "INH" and change to "ACT"
              5. Set first line to look like this: "GEAR -> GEAR" ACT
              6. Set second line to RATE D "0%" U "+105%"
              7. Set third line to SW "MIX" TRIM "ACT"
              8. Back out to main menu
              Now, as long as gear is retracted (up), you can switch between stability / recovery with the "Mix" switch on the DX6i. When the gear deployed, the gyro goes into stability mode and can't be switched. I haven't tried with any of the other gyro combos but I assume they can be switched, again, only while the gear is up! I haven't been able to actually fly and do a full test but judging from the ground tests everything seems to work fine in both modes.
              Thanks again Ryan! I thought I was going to have to finally upgrade my TX! :)

Comment

It's been a very long time since I used the DX6i, so I can't remember the switch configurations on it. However, with the DX6 and the DX8 and DX8G2, when using these 6-ch Lemon type stabilized RXs (and the Admiral is a Lemon type RX), I plugged the gear into the AUX2 (or bind on this RX) port and configured another switch to operate the retracts. I'm not so sure the DX6i has an available switch that can be configured for this purpose. It might be time to upgrade to a better TX.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  It might be time to upgrade to a better TX.
                  I have to agree. The 6i was a basic entry level 6 chan transmitter at about $130.
                  It had limited functionality along with the biggest limitation of having the DSM2 protocol.
                  It was discontinued for good reason when the DSMX protocols became the standard of reliability.
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I have to agree. The 6i was a basic entry level 6 chan transmitter at about $130.
                    It had limited functionality along with the biggest limitation of having the DSM2 protocol.
                    It was discontinued for good reason when the DSMX protocols became the standard of reliability.
                    A lot of the later 6i's came with DSMX standard. Both mine and a few friends' radios were were that way. An excellent starter radio, but very limiting for complicated aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                    X