X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie problem with simulator

As a newbie getting back to the hobby after a 25 year layoff, I bought a Phoenix 5.5 simulator with the Spektrum DX6i transmitter. It worked fine for a few weeks and then i experienced a control issue. The elevator control and the aileron control suddenly were backward. That is, up elevator was down right aileron was left. I've tried re-calibrating the transmitter and even used the advanced program to no avail. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. nickd406@comcast.net

Have you tried going into the DX6i servo reverse menu and reversing those channels?

Page 39 ....................... https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/...anual_DX6i.pdf

Comment

Haven't tried it yet but will tomorrow. Thanks. Not real familiar with the programmable radio yey/

Comment

Consider the simulator just as you would an airplane. If the controls are reversed, it should be dealt with in the TX. You may even find that each model in the sim needs to be dealt with in this way if it doesn't work the way it should. Even if you had a non-programmable TX, there are still dip switches under a panel on the TX that can be flipped for servo reversing.

Comment

You should be able to reverse them in the sim also, Have you set-up the radio in the sim? R.
          AMA 424553

Comment

I did try setting them up in the sim and used the advanced programming with no luck.

Comment

Thanks to xviper for your suggestion. Tried it today and it worked. Thanks, also for the link to the manual for the DX6i as I did not get one with the sim.

Comment

You are welcome. I went into my Phoenix sim today and nowhere could I find a menu for reversing a channel. It's gotta be there but I could not find it.

Comment

nickd406 this is chazman also just starting in rc had same trouble with my phoenix 5.5 but throtlle would not work at all. i finally went to advance mode and hit default. reloaded my dx6i and everything works fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X