Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle A3L Gyro with 6 Channel

Fellahs,
    I've been looking at threads all over the place and I think I've now confused my self more than I've helped myself by reading all the different threads

I ordered an A3L gyro for the FMS FW 190 (I'm feeling pretty comfortable with stable flight but I figured that a Gyro couldn't hurt either), Anyways I'm hoping someone could clear up my confusion for my situation specifically:

I am using a Dx6i radio which has mixing. Does that enable the mixing feature so that if I hit the mix switch on the top right of the radio it would make the flap/gyro switch activate the gyro instead of the flaps. Then release the mix switch which would then enable the flaps again? Is it possible to set it so that the gyro goes from 2D/off, I don't anticipate using 3d mode at all?

or does that mean I would need a 7th channel to have retracts, flaps and a gyro?

Any help would be appreciated.

OB

RE: Eagle A3L Gyro with 6 Channel

Hello SOB,
    Hate to burst your impressions of using the gyro on a 6 channel aircraft using only a 6 channel radio and trying to use the mix switch. The mix switch is just that, it mixes two different functions together. It is not a selection switch for one or the other. You are gonna have to get a 7 channel or bigger Tx/Rx if you don't want to have to unhook the only channel that is realistically able to go without on that FW190 which is the flaps and plug the gyro there.
    :( Sorry dude,
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10
      Hello SOB,
      Hate to burst your impressions of using the gyro on a 6 channel aircraft using only a 6 channel radio and trying to use the mix switch. The mix switch is just that, it mixes two different functions together. It is not an selection switch for one or the other. You are gonna have to get a 7 channel or bigger Tx/Rx if you don't want to have to unhook the only channel that is realistically able to go without on that FW190 which is the flaps and plug the gyro there.
      :(  Sorry dude,
      OV10 is right. Flaps would have to go. Good news though it is very easy to use only Normal and Off mode with the radio. Leave Flaps Travel Adjustment at the default and then scroll to Flaps screen. Once in Flaps screen simply adjust the Land numerical value to 0 and the Norm numerical value to UP Arrow 100. After that your flap switch is then a two position that gives you Off and Normal Blue Lite modes only.

Anyone curious on how to use the DX6i in a way which creates a 3 position switch just watch our new A3L set up video. In the video I use a Dx6i and go step by step on how to easily set up the Mix to utilize the full feature benefit of either A3 or A3L.

Thanks guys!
      Ryan

Comment

OV10 and RYAN,
        I appreciate the reply, no burst impressions I watched the excellent video that was just put up and I was all excited until the end when I realized the plane they were using didn't have any flaps! Oh well. Time to crank out some OT and look for a 7ch radio and rx! Thanks for the clarification!

Comment

Working...
        X