X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing servos anyone?

Just wondering if anyone has bought any of the Freewing servos I see available from Motion? I know there are tons of other servo manufacturers out there, but I would rather give my business to Motion. I see they carry the Hitec digital metal gear servo, but really wanted to try the Freewing if they were any good.
    Thanks.
    Addicted to planes!

RE: Freewing servos anyone?

Hello retiredflyer,
    My opinion of the Freewing servos are they "are ok" but I like the FMS servos a lot better. Reason for this feeling is because I have had some servo issues on my A6 but never any servo problem with my fleet of FMS warbirds. With the FMS, you can get a slow action servo such as the digital flap servo. I know that MRC doesn't advertise all the FMS servos (like the 9 gram ones) that are available under the "Electronics/Servos and Servo Accessories/Servos" section but they can be easily obtained by looking in the parts section of any of the 1400 sized warbirds.
    Hope this gives some insight and best regards,
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks Warbird,
      That's what I needed, a little perspective from someone who might have used them. Maybe I'll go with the FMS 9g's under spare parts like you said. Appreciate the info.
      Addicted to planes!

Comment

I buy FMS servos for all my planes. The price is right, they have long leads, and they work! The Doctor

Comment

Working...
        X