X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX6

I've had my DX6 for 3 days, now. I must say it's a challenge to figure out. I'm a tenacious old fart, however, and haven't thrown it against the wall, yet. I am actually learning to use it, and to love it! I still can't figure how to get flaperons in the "sailplane" mode. It appears that you must use the ACRO mode if you want flaperons. Any help would be greatly appreciated! The Doctor :huh:

RE: DX6

Try contacting HorizonHobby at ph 888-959-2305 that is their Air Tech Support, if you don't get the answers you need call us. I gave this radio to my nephew for Xmas and I can get it and check out the programming, but I have to admit I sometimes call Horizon once in awhile for help also. I mean it is their radio they should know how to program it Right? Good Luck!

Comment

Hey Doc I just bought a DX6 for a few bnf planes I have and want to have I've been using a DX4E that came with my old cub. I'm a Tactic guy and have also been having a little trouble figuring it out also. I did get it programmed for my um pt17 and vapor. I plan to go spectrum on the popwing so I may need some advice to set that up later. Hopefully someone can help if I can't figure it out. One other thing I see where you can slow down the flaps can you also slow down the retracts with it I'm not finding it if it can be done.

Comment

Yeah, slowing the flaps down is really cool. I've not tried the L.G. I'll have to look into that. Doc

Comment

Hello Doc and FF,
          Slowing the LG down with Tx like you can with the flaps unfortunately won't work. The reason you can't with the LG is because the circuit card(both integral and external) that controls the gear is activated much like a light switch. In layman terms it is either on or off whereas the circuit card is sensing for a voltage or not that cycles the gear. The motor of the gear is driven at a defined speed by the design and is initiated and stopped by the circuit.
          A prime example of slower retract design is when FMS went from this http://www.motionrc.com/fms-1400mm-w...ronic-retract/ which was a normal standard retract operating speed to this one found on the newer version FMS warbirds http://www.motionrc.com/fms-servoles...1400mm-planes/
          Hope this helps you understand the design limit frustrations that warbird fanatics as myself have had to deal with on Etracts.
          Best regards,
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

That is true you can not slow the speed of the landing gear at all. I wish you could put a limiting votlage on it so one retract goes up first then power to the other side to go up would be cool. As for the DX6 programming flaperons you have to go into the function list by holding down the scroller button and turn on the power switch. Then go to wing type and select flaperons. Now go back to the main menu push the scroller button down this will take you to your settings. Now you will see flaps clisk on that and it select what switch you want to use. I use the D switch it works well and has the longest tab. Then put your values in that you want for take off and landings. setup the speed delay to 4-5 seconds.

Good luck
            Brad

Comment

Got the eflite Dallas Doll p51 set up on my dx6 the gear are on switchA how do I change them to a different switch. I've read through the manual several times and have not been able to find how to change them.

Comment

Working...
              X