X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle A3 Super II - Software Issues

I recently download the A3 Super_2_Setup_V1.0.exe software from Motion RC and Hobby Eagle. During the software download from both site NOTRON 360 Antivirus software indicated the file was infected with Threat Name: Suspicious. Cloud and deleted it from my computer.

I sent a E-Mail to Hobby Eagle and they replied:

"Please don’t worry. Anti-virus software always gives a wrong alarm if they don’t know what the software is.
    Just add our software into the trust list of it or disable your Norton 360 temporarily when installing the software."

I install a lot of software on my computer for testing and work and rarely does NORTON 360 remove the file and indicate a threat.

Has anyone else downloaded and installed the software? If so what Antivirus software are you using?

I am going to build a VM "Virtual Machine" to isolate the software and run Wireshark during the process to try and detect an "Phone Home" activity.

The A3 Super II should arrive in 3-4 days from Motion RC.

RE: Eagle A3 Super II - Software Issues

I just received a updated file from Hobby Eagle that did not trigger a Threat Response from Norton 360.

1. The file installed without any issues using the English text on all dialog boxes. The previous version displayed the text in Chinese. I did the install in a VM for that version.

2. I ran a complete Norton 360 virus scan of the installation folder and no threats were detected.

3. Wireshark doe not report any weird activity related to this software. I am still analyzing the network traffic traces.

4. I will test with the hardware when it arrives from Motion RC.

Comment

Working...
    X