X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobby Eagle A3 Super II - Wiring Question

The Hobby Eagle A3 Super II comes with a set of pre-made wiring connectors that connect the A3 Super II to the Receiver. These connectors are NOT keyed and the orientation must be manually checked. The instruction indicate that the connectors yellow cable must be towards the top of the A3 Super II and the brown on the bottom.

I am using a Futaba radio and servos and I want to make sure I am plugging them in correctly. The Futaba radio uses a keyed connector which insures the correct insertion into the receiver.

I am thinking that this is the correct order. Can anyone confirm?

A3 Super II Yellow = Futaba White
    A3 Super II Red = Futaba Red
    A3 Super II Brown = Futaba Black

The other issue that I have is that my Futaba servos will not plug into the A3 Super II without modification to the keyed connector. It looks like I have two options.

1. Modify the Futaba Servo Connector to match the universal connector used on the A3 Super II.
    2. Purchase new Servos to match the connectors used on the A3 Super II.

I have a BS degree in Engineering Technology and my training is to design everything so that there can be no mistakes when connecting systems. With the Universal connector there is a 50/50 chance that the connection will be incorrect. The RC industry appears to consider this an acceptable risk since most systems are being designed to use the universal connectors.

RE: Hobby Eagle A3 Super II - Wiring Question

Hello PLCMAN58,
    The hobby industry has for as long as I can remember used the convention of:
    yellow/white = signal
    red = V+ (the supply voltage for non techs out there)
    brown/black = ground

So your thoughts are correct regarding color. Modifying the futaba connector by shaving off the index key for the A3 connection side isn't going to affect anything. That is done all the time to Futaba style connectors used on Spectrum equipment. Just always pay attention to your labeling on the Rx (again always) because a manufacture will shift the orientation around from one type Rx to another with ground at the top or bottom of the receiver case. (case in point example - Spectrum AR610 vs AR8000)
    Best Regards,
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

RE: Hobby Eagle A3 Super II - Wiring Question

Thank you for the response. I hate removing the keying part of the Futaba connector on the servo and am off to purchase some short Futaba extensions and modify them to test the A3.

Comment

Working...
      X