Roban - World Class Scale Helicopters

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Admiral RX600SP 6-channel DSMX with Stability Plus Gyro wont activate recovery mode

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral RX600SP 6-channel DSMX with Stability Plus Gyro wont activate recovery mode

I have the admiral RX600SP in a Freewing 70mm F16. I have the mixing on my DX6 setup exactly as it shows in the setup video and the stabilization function works, but the auto recovery will not function when I hit the bind button. I have tried 3 of these receivers in this plane and they all do the same thing which leads me to believe that I may have something setup incorrectly. I have these same receivers in a foamboard plane, an apprentice s15e and a HSD 4ch f22 and they work great, but for some reason they refuse to work in the F16. Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening?

This may be stating the obvious but did you do the binding with using two bind plugs in order to activate the desired "Combo A or B"? Also, is your F16 set up with "flaperons". If so, the recovery may not work.

Comment

Yes, I made sure I am in setting A on the receiver. This freewing 70mm f16 is just in the standard configuration with an elevator, not flaperons. (it has 2 independent elevators driven by 2 servos on the same channel)

Comment

I was wondering if the flightline control board (Blue Box) could have anything to do with it, so I plugged everything into the receiver with the same results, no recovery mode.

Comment

That's really odd. I have the same plane but I have a simple Rx and I use "flaperons". The plane flies very well. I use the Lemon stab plus on another plane and it works fine. I don't use the auto balance mode.

Comment

Update: I deleted everything out of the DX6 for my F16 and started fresh. The auto-level function works up until the point when I changed the gear switch from A (Default gear switch) to C (where I normally program my gear to). At that point the stabilization works, but not the auto-level. I then tried to switch the gear function back to the default switch A, to see if that would allow me to auto-level again, but that didn't work. It seems that as soon as I change the location of the gear switch from A, my auto level function is lost until I reset the F16 profile and start from the beginning like it is a whole new plane. This didn't necessarily solve the issue, but at least I know how to avoid it and maybe someone will know how to work around this.

Comment

This is the first that you've indicated that you are not using the default "gear" switch.
              When you change switches to do the same function, port assignments and switch assignments have to reflect this change. Also, the mix has to reflect this change. Additionally, you are going from a 2-position switch to a 3-position switch. Each position of these switches has a specific mV attached to them (look at your "monitor" and see what I mean) and those voltages are what the Rx puts out to the various outputs, in most cases, it's to the servos. In this case, it's the mode changes and on/off functions that are commanded by those voltages. There is some "cross talk" from one switch position to another and you may luck out in that it might work once or twice when you change but going back may not keep it working. Changing switches (and voltages in their various positions) is sometimes associated with doing something else to maintain functionality.
              In the case of these stabilized Rx's, it's defaulted to the gear switch ("A") to go from one mode to another or to turn it on or off. You should leave it like that in order to maintain simplicity. Pick another port to plug the retracts into, do the appropriate port assignments and switch assignments to make the retracts work.

Comment

I believe I have the same problem.

I have the mixing on my DX6 setup exactly as it shows in the setup video and the stabilization function works, but the auto recovery will not function when I hit the bind button.

With:
                Combo B: Gyro Off / Recovery. LED “Pattern” = Red and Green displayed together for two seconds
                Combo C: Gyro Off / Gyro On. LED “Pattern” = Green for two seconds, then Red for two seconds
                Gyro is still always on,
                Mix is responding on radio but no change on receiver.

Any fixes to this?

Comment

Working...
                X