X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. RC Sound 1700 P-51

I maidened my 1700 P-51 with the newly installed sound system and all I can say is it is the most fun anyone can have with their pants on. I had the Mr. RC system sitting in inventory for almost 10 months, never quite getting around to installing it, and after today plan on setting up as many planes as possible with this. My Mustang has a Eflite Power 90 motor with 8s, and even without the sound system sounded sweet with this set up, the smooth Power 90 turning those large 4 paddles. Didnt think it could be any better, but was wrong. Setup includes the amplifier with 4 transduccers and is so loud and realistic, will make any P-51/Merlin devotee smile. This is the closest you can get to flying the actual beast. I thought I had an incurable addiction to this hobby before, but it just went ballistic. Thanks MRC and Mr. RC Sound!!!
    CT

RE: Mr. RC Sound 1700 P-51

Seeing as I am sitting here with my pants off, and am not having much fun. I guess it would be safe to say its probably the most fun allowed in public :D . Can this sound system fit in the 1450mm or is it only for the 1700?
    Flight Risk (Sean)
    AMA # 986105

Comment

Originally posted by STOOPIDMONKEY
      Seeing as I am sitting here with my pants off, and am not having much fun. I guess it would be safe to say its probably the most fun allowed in public :D . Can this sound system fit in the 1450mm or is it only for the 1700?
      Yes it is good to go for 1400's too with 2 speakers. The system allows you to use the same sound board for plane to plane, all you have to do is mount the speakers permanently in each. They recommend 2 speakers for 1400's, and light enough not to disturb cg, as long as the speakers are mounted as close to cg as possible. Amazing the weight difference between the initial speakers MrRC put out with those heavy magnets to the current TT-25's. My next project is for my FMS 1400 P-51.
      CT

Comment

I am currently installing the MrRCsound into my Freewing Iron Ass. There is another thread with my progress and another forum member. We are doing a bit of a different install so it will be great how it turns out. He is finished and I'm still working. I have sound in my Flyzone Beaver and I can move the sound board from one plane to another.
        Addicted to planes!

Comment

Hello everyone. I have been running the sound system in my 1400 for about 9 months now and have discovered that the tt-25's tend to run a bit hot. Here in Louisiana its hot anyway in the summer, so a point of concern for me. The fix is simple and easy. I took 2 regular drinking straws, punched holes in the side of the fuse pointing directly at the opposite tt-25 and contact glued in the straw. Next paint the inlet of the straw the same color as the fuse, and its not noticeable. The result is a heat reduction of about 70-80%. We all know cooler is better. Hope this helps.

Comment

Yes, it will fit as I have one in my Mustang, F4U and FW-190, oh, and Hellcat.

Comment

Originally posted by CT
              I maidened my 1700 P-51 with the newly installed sound system and all I can say is it is the most fun anyone can have with their pants on. I had the Mr. RC system sitting in inventory for almost 10 months, never quite getting around to installing it, and after today plan on setting up as many planes as possible with this. My Mustang has a Eflite Power 90 motor with 8s, and even without the sound system sounded sweet with this set up, the smooth Power 90 turning those large 4 paddles. Didnt think it could be any better, but was wrong. Setup includes the amplifier with 4 transduccers and is so loud and realistic, will make any P-51/Merlin devotee smile. This is the closest you can get to flying the actual beast. I thought I had an incurable addiction to this hobby before, but it just went ballistic. Thanks MRC and Mr. RC Sound!!!
              CT
              [quote pid='7512' dateline='1425261608']
              Hello CT, it's exciting to hear what you've done with your 1700mm P-51. I have the Ferocious Frankie and was thinking about how to upgrade the power from the stock motor. Are you noticing a significant difference in power? 
              Land, do you have videos of your P-51 with the sound installed? I bought TT25's for it but haven't installed yet.
              thanks for any feedback!
              [/quote]

Originally posted by Jack
              Hello everyone. I have been running the sound system in my 1400 for about 9 months now and have discovered that the tt-25's tend to run a bit hot. Here in Louisiana its hot anyway in the summer, so a point of concern for me. The fix is simple and easy. I took 2 regular drinking straws, punched holes in the side of the fuse pointing directly at the opposite tt-25 and contact glued in the straw. Next paint the inlet of the straw the same color as the fuse, and its not noticeable. The result is a heat reduction of about 70-80%. We all know cooler is better. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X